4

Thirteen year old Cole walked inside the apartment she was staying in with her older sister Briana. Although she dreaded coming home, she had nowhere else to go.

Her sister sat on the couch with her now boyfriend. Cole walked passed her, lip turned up in disgust. Briana hated the way her little sister looked at her, it made her angry.

"Fix your face ugly," Briana spat as Cole walked by them. Any other time, Cole would have ignored her sister but she was tired of Briana talking to her any kind of way.

"Make me," Cole spat back. Briana took that as fighting words and stood up. Just as Cole reached her room door her body was pushed roughly from behind. She tumbled to the floor.

"What was that ugly?" Briana teased as she watched Cole get up from the floor.

"Why can't you just leave me alone!" Cole yelled out in frustration as she pushed Briana back with all her might. Briana's back hit the wall and she looked at her little sister as if she'd lost her mind.

"Leave you alone? If it wasn't for me you would be out on the streets, be grateful you ungrateful little brat!" Briana said as she pushed Cole again.

"Be grateful?" Cole laughed sarcastically, "I would rather you put me out then be in this nasty ass apartment with yo broke ass!" Cole knew she should have shut up but Briana brung out another side of Cole.

"Be careful what you ask for.." said Briana who smiled evilly. Pushing Cole aside she walked inside her room and begin gathering up all of Cole's belongings. "Since that's how you feel, I'm putting you out, let's see how long you last in the streets."

"I'll get my own clothes, stop." Cole pushed Briana away from her items.

"Touch me one more time, imma fuck you up." Briana pushed Cole out her way and continued to grab her things.

"Stop! I'll do it myself!" Cole snatched her things from Briana's hands. She didn't like that at all, using her full hand Briana mushed Cole hard making her fall hitting her head on the bed. Cole whined as she grabbed her head, she glared up at her sister. She was angry now..

Tossing the clothes off her, Cole stood up staring her sister down with a death stare. "What you tryna do bitch?"

Cole said nothing as she ran up on her sister, Cole swung; hitting her sister right in the nose, immediately Briana's nose started leaking. "You bitch!" Grabbing Cole by the neck, Briana squeezed trying to knock the breath out of her sister. In that moment, Briana cared about nothing but ending her little sisters life.

Cole looked around trying to find anything to defend herself with. Cole couldn't breath as she stretched her arm as far as she could. Grabbing hold of a book with the tip of her fingers, Cole smacked Briana across the face with it. That gave her enough time to move away from her sister.

Standing up, Cole watched her sister stand up. The two of them stared at each other. Cole ran toward her sister as fast as she could and tackled Briana to the floor. In the mist of that Briana head hit the marble floor knocking her out cold. When Cole noticed her sister wasn't fighting back she looked up.

Her eyes widen in horror as her sister laid on the floor unmoving. "Briana?" Cole called out to her, praying and hoping she heard, "what ugly?" But she didn't. She covered her mouth not believing what just happened.

"I-I didn't mean too," she cried not knowing what to do. Cole was going through a mental breakdown. She sat on the floor with her head buried in her hands; repeating over and over, "I didn't mean too."