Chapter 10

Brittany walked into the nursery to check on Noah. She placed her hand gently on his forehead and felt that he had a fever. Brittany then lifted Noah out of the crib and onto the changing table. Brittany untaped the sides of Noah's diaper, to find that he had both peed and pooped in it. Brittany then began the process of cleaning up the mess that Noah had made, being extra gentle as to not wake him. After Brittany rolled up the diaper and threw it away she placed a new diaper underneath him and sprinkled powder onto him. She then rubbed in the powder and finished by taping up the diaper.

     After the diaper change Brittany laid Noah back in the crib and walked out of the nursery. Brittany then walked upstairs and into Kane's room, seeing Kane laying on his bed wearing only his diaper. It was at this moment that Brittany thought to herself that she was lucky to have a family like this. Snapping out of her thoughts Brittany walked over to Kane and places her hand on the front of his diaper. Finding that his diaper was wet she picked him up and placed him on her hip, allowing his head to lay on her shoulder. Brittany then slowly walked down the stairs and went into the nursery once again. Brittany then laid Kane on the changing table undid the tapes of his diaper, wiped the pee off of his diaper area, and replaced the used diaper with a fresh one. She quickly taped up the new diaper and placed Kane back in bed.

     Brittany grabbed her keys and walked out the front door. She then got in her car and started the fifteen minute journey to town. Once Brittany arrived in town she drove the extra five minutes to Walmart where she bought four pacifiers, 6 bottles, and many boxes of baby formula. After checking out the items she placed them in the truck of her car and started the long, boring drive back home.

Once home Brittany unloaded the car and walked into the nursery. She then found Noah laying awake in the crib. She walked over to him and placed her hand on his forehead.

"How do you feel?" Brittany asked.

"I feel better than I did earlier, but not the greatest." Noah replied.

"I'm sorry. Is there anything that you need?" Brittany questioned.

"I'm kinda hungry." Noah responded.

"Do you think your stomach can handle any food right now?" Brittany inquired.

"I'm not sure" Noah replied honestly.

Brittany then picked up Noah and set him on her hip. She then went over to the rocking chair in the corner of the room and sat down. Brittany then took of her shirt and undid the straps on her bra. Then she pushed Noah's head towards her nipple and he immediately latched on. Noah kept drinking while Brittany whispered sweet nothings in his ear and after ten minutes Noah pulled away from Brittany.

     "I'm full." Noah told Brittany.

     "Okay, you don't have to eat any more then." Brittany replied.

Brittany then carried Noah up to his room and laid him on his bed. She then went back downstairs and decided to go see Roman in the smile more store. As she walked into the store Roman was walking out of his office. She quickly guided him back into his office.

     "We should go do something tonight." Brittany said.

     "Like what?" Roman inquired.

     "We could go out to do dinner and see a movie." Brittany responded.

     "What would we do about the kids." Roman once again inquired.

     "Don't worry about that. I got it covered." Brittany told Roman.

     "Okay, lets do it." Roman stated.

     Brittany and Roman then walked out of the smile more store and back into the house. Brittany walked upstairs while Roman went into their bedroom. Once upstairs Brittany went into Noah's room and saw that Noah was sitting in his desk chair playing a game on his computer. She walked over to him and stuck a finger in between his thigh and the diapers leg-gatherers, finding that his diaper was wet she had him pause the game. Brittany then picked Noah up and set him on her hip and walked to Kane's room. Once in Kane's room she repeated the same process of checking his diaper and placing him on her hip.