Chapter thirty-five

Start from the beginning

Soon the adults arrived in the door way, and closed the door behind them. They looked like they were ready to raid for supplies or ask for them. I was kind of confused a little.

“So what is it that you need my help with?” I questioned.

“We need to go out of County to get some supplies and we need escorts when ever we leave the county borders.” the both said.

I turned to face Gill, “How do you travel with out a car? Should I change into my battle suit?” I questioned again confused.

They looked at each other and then at me,

“You should get changed and ready, we never know what is outside the walls of the County. Since right now all the refugees of wildlife and people fill this small town. All other places are still in the process of quarantine. By the deployments––– This is second deployments base town. So all the people that they've ever rescued live here in this town along with us. The stores are all empty but other larger bigger towns have more supplies left.” they said taking turns.

I thought this through enough to ask them if it was safe to go out alone past the wall. They both shook there heads. They needed an escort of second deployment or else another deployment will quarantine and judge them if they are infected or not. I was beginning to question this survival thing. Maybe gill will be able to till the ground up underneath his power. I led the parents to the old factory to ask Earth a few questions.

“You need your rations for the month I'm guessing?” he asked

“What do you mean ration?” I asked

he walked me away from the adults and we had a long conversation.

“Since you've been gone, this is what has happened. Since there is a limit of food supplies that we can use every small group is limited how much food goes to each family. Right now the rations are going into second deployments rations. We still have a shipment marked but all of them are late by 3 more months. We advised people not to hunt the animals because they can not be infected but carry the virus on there coats. So there has been no hunting. Farming. There is no tractors around to till the ground, we have plenty of seeds to put into the ground. But the fact that we don't have enough people to weed out and harvest thats an issue.” he ran a hand through his hair. “the ones who are willing to farm are too old to pick up a shovel with out arthritis acting up. AKA your dad. Then there is some who are willing to raise pigs and wash the

“I see, then can you find and old fashion plow the kind you put behind a horse?” I questioned.

“Yeah, we have plenty of those just no horses... wait a second what are you thinking...”

I laughed and patted Gillford's broad wide neck.

“Gill would you like to assemble a few of your draft horse friends from the valley. Should I travel with you?” I asked him.

He went over to where the saddle was and nudged it gently with his nose. I told Earth for him to give the Brandon's parents my individual rations for that month. He looked at me for a moment then went into the almost bare supply rooms. And handed the two adults who were extremely grateful for this gift.

“I guess I will be back soon, but I want someone to come with me.” I asked “Earth can I trust you to lead strongly and protect the weak.” I smiled

He saluted as I walked by, along with his unit. I said 'at ease' and then they went back to normal routine. I started noticing how skinny some of them were becoming. It was sad in a way that no one was willing to plow the ground with gardening hoes and all. It was sad that I was going to add more horses to my thy as form of a tattoo. I did not know if these people would treat the horses all that well. I wondered if we would have to take down some of the houses to make a barn for them to live in. I wondered if dad could use a different place for the wood shop that we turn it into a barn a temporary barn. I tightened the saddle on Gillford's back.