Chapter twenty-three

~Zane's POV~

~Meanwhile and during~

As the kids were getting off the buses Zera and I Were given Jobs already we were to look just like the students not to upset the other colleges. I watched Sam's group from a distance. My whole heart belongs to her. I have never like a girl like her in my whole live. She was the one the true love and I she knows it. I remain emotionless around everyone else but when I'm with her she sparks something inside me the affectionate side that overwhelming me when I even see her. I have to pull my gaze away from her to head to my dorm room for the night.

Tyler and I were walking to the room. Surprise, surprise, that we were with Brandon, Seb, and a stranger. The stranger stood up and introduced himself.

“Hello, I'm Era, but you can call me Earth if you like.” he seemed to smile.

Tyler shook his hand. Fluffykinz walked in carrying a bag, trailing behind him was the dog form of Skystone doing the same.

“Well I was telling the New americans what groups to stay away from and which ones are safe.” Earth nodded.

He pushed his Glasses up the bridge of his nose. I couldn't quite figure out how he had the highest score in fights and martial arts when he was always wearing those red rimmed glasses. Was he queer or something––

I set my things into my drawls before taking the top bunk. I kicked back listening to the three discuss this thing.

“So I suggest that you stay away from the assassin groups they tend to like to take out the weak in anyway they can. One that I would keep and eye out is for Katelyn King. Shes a descendent from the legendary eight so she thinks she's bigger and better than everyone else. And she thinks becoming the greatest known Assassin ever would bring our culture to the light. But if you ask me I think that would be putting a negative light to our culture. All were good for anyways if for fighting in wars and since “the old Company” was destroyed we never had a war ever since. Which is another reason our numbers have increased. See in the past we matured at fourteen years old so that was the time we'd get married. And already have a family starting. Our median age was around 7 at that time because during “The old Company's” rule. We were in constant battles over the years. So our systems of working was quite different. All these wars were silenced and not even the governments know about them other than in Africa which was where most of them happened in the desert where no one would venture. There is a lot of history in our culture that even I don't know about its just so amazing every time I learn something new about it, I feel like sharing it with the world. But, the world wouldn't care less I guess.” Earth finished plopping into the bed near the window.

“So you are considered adults at fourteen right?” Seb asked

Earth nodded.

“And have kids during the first year of marriage. But times have changed, where, there are no longer arranged marriages. Now we are considered an adults when we leave this college now. That is. So during the last year the girls and guys do what we used to call the mating month. And search for a mate to have a child with and raise it till it can go into the third grade which is where this school takes over. Then the parents are free to move on. Now they limit how many kids you can have. Back when they have arranged marriages they were allowed to have as many as possible. Because when a war broke out all the men above the age of fourteen would go out and fight. For the sake of the family name. But one person changed this all. And her name is Samara Irene King. If you have world History Class this year you'll learn all about her. I excited to learn about the women who destroyed “The old Company” with her bare hands. If it wasn't for her this school wouldn't be her. And if it was it would be a boys only college.” He finished heading to bed.