Chapter thirty-seven

“When we reach the mountains you will have to make sure she stays asleep. Any human caught awake near the entrance will be killed on the spot. For the valley of dreams is for only those dreaming may enter. be warned” Gilford sighed

I nod I go back inside slipping a sedative in her water jug, she finally stirred awake rubbing her eyes slowly. She looks outside the window frowning, I loved how she looked when she did that. I hand her the water jug she doesn’t even think of anything as if I hadn’t touched it before. Her grogginess in the morning could easily be the end of her some day. I watch her as she chugged a bit of the water. She hands it back to me saying thanks. I twist the cap back sitting it on my utility belt. I turn and head out of the room. 

Shortly she follows a little unsure of where her feet were going.

“If you are still sleepy You can sleep on my shoulder when we get on Gillford.” I add 

“I don’t know why I’m so sleepy, that sounds like a good idea” she yawns.

I pick her up in my arms, she curls hers around my neck pressing her face into my neck. Distant memories flicker in my eyes happy ones that remind me of this position. I got onto the horse as we headed to the mountain range. The peaks of the large mountains came straight out of the ground like shards of glass. Rigid and sharp. I get of Gillford as he leads us to the Valley. Sam talks underneath her breath deep in sleep. I could tell that her body really needed this extra sleep. We were walking around a sharp edge when I could make out growling of wolves surrounding us as we got nearer to the entrance. Once in the Cave Goliath stepped in front of me protectively for Sam. The wolves had surrounded us pushing us through the cavern entrance. I saw a small filtering light on one side and decided to make a run for it. I jump out into grass that rose to my waist. I was utterly surprised to see a Valley that I only remembered being in as a child. The grass waved gently to the breeze that was so warm it was like summer. There should be snow here thats how high in elevation we were. This didn’t make sense at all. A white tiger appeared out of nowhere I had to jump into the air and land on Gills back to dodge the tigers pounce. 

“Gill I thought this place would be safe and only have horses in it. Why are there tigers and wolves.” I demand the answer

“Don’t blame the horse, Blame the protector of the Valley of Dreams Zane.” A female voice spoke.

Cat ears appear behind her long hair and a long tail flickers behind the person’s behind. I’m startled and surprised of this site, I’m looking straight at the Guardian of The Valley. Her name was unknown to all of us, even the Immortals with the most knowledge of their history. Some say that the Valley of Dreams holds the origins of the Immortals. I’m curious as to who this person is, Sam stirs in my arms. Her eyes flicker open turning to see her surroundings. 

“Zane where are we?” She asks 

“In the Valley of Dreams,” I answer softly

She gets up on her feet stretching refreshed as she looks up at Gillford who was off talking to the other draft horses. She stays put as he goes off in search. Goliath stays by her side as we all turn back to the Half human half cat women. Her smiling face brightens when she sees Sam.

“Hello Ginger,” Sam smiles

“Hello Samantha, I’m guessing either you came to retrieve more horses or your returning Gillford?” She quirked a brow.

“How did you know?” Sam answers surprised.

“That charm on your neck links you the Valley to me I’m a part of the Valley so is Gillford.” She comments.

“Oh” We both answer.

She turns to lead us back to this small dirt hut. There is no other signs of life other than her. There were herb books that line the wall and pictures of the horses everywhere. As well as children of different countries standing with different horses. The farthest wall had the title “Kidlandiens” Each of the pairs of children were looking brightly at the camera. Each had a name of their element on the lower left hand corner. 

“So you're interested in learning the past of Immortals Zane?” Ginger questions

“No not really, But as the King I have big shoes to fill and lots of questions that I need to answer to the future generations of the Hunter’s colonies.” I say firmly.

“Oh so thats what they call us experiments now.” She smiles 

I narrow my eyes at her slightly. She sits down on the table pulling a box out it looks small but she’s able to pull out book after book after book. 

“Sam, what horses do you plan on taking with you?” She asks side tracked. 

“Hopefully only three,” She smiles. “But why did you call us experiments what does that mean?”

“Since you're going to be his wife I believe that you should know the full truth of us beings.” She pauses cracking open a book that flashed the room with a brilliant white cover. 

“It all started way ahead of all of our times here on earth around the year of 6069 where the first mutated immortals were made on a spaceship. Called Thero The last to be born into the mutations was I or my professor I should say. Her name was CatGirl. She’s bonded to my body much like Samara is to Sam’s being. Thero was a mighty large spaceship that was swallowed by a black hole teleporting us back into the past to when the world was in the dinosaurs era. We watched never aging as the dinosaurs died but before they had we made a pact with a higher being that those animals that die that we could handle would be put under our control. That included any and all species of animals that would soon follow the evolutionary path.” she pauses “Including humans, Normally they would be children that have died at young ages that looked similar to ourselves. We all had decided as one big mass to migrate our bodies into another being so we could live on the earth plane. Some of us gave up our spaceship home. But that also brought alarm to our creators who reappeared setting up base on earth as well. Most of what you people call ‘The company’ which gave birth to Immortals as we know them and the death of my people. They hunted down every single one of us in our final human forms killing our offspring. We had tried so hard to finally have children and then for them plus our own lives to be taken away from us was too great for us. Most of my fellow beings spirits still wander the earth looking for another host to bond to to let use their powers. the other percent still live on the spaceship free from harms way watching over us wandering spirits.” She opens another book and a blue light flashes filling the room up. “Then came a girl who was purely an experiment but held the mania of the previous me’s power. Her name was Samara Hunter otherwise known as Samara King.” She finished “Is there any more you’d like to know?” She asked lazily.

We were just standing their utterly stunned of what had just been shown to us in such of way that scared us mentally of the true past that will have to be told to the queen as soon as we reach the academy again.