the outcasts

-----On board the Mon calamari cruiser the restoration-----

A large group of rebel officers, troops and one officer called Shriv were gathered round a hollow table, as a captain had called because he'd received a message from Inferno squad. They thought it might be a trap, but they watched it anyway. The hologram opened and Iden Versio was the one speaking.

This is Iden Versio, of the imperial raider Corvus, sending a general distress call to the rebels alliance. We surrender.

"Contact the general now." Shriv ordered, as he wanted more of an expert opinion towards the situation.

---------------------------------------------

Back on the Corvus...

"I agree with Del on this. It's our chance to do something about this. If we can warn them, then they stand a better chance at beating the operation." Iden stated, confident that it would work.

"It's definitely worth a shot, plus what are we going to do with the civilians?" Del asked, concerned for their safety.

"Well we have proof that we saved them, so they might appreciate that at least."

"I...I don't know about this Iden" Seyn spoke up, worried about the idea.

"What do you mean?"

"I want what's best for the galaxy, as all of us do, but I'm not sure I can trust them, after what they did." despite it being four years in the past it's still a scar which she can't forget, and Seyn was finding it hard to accept the possibility of working with rebels.

"I know it's tough for you, even still to this day. But they will do what's best for the galaxy, like what we want." Iden comforted.

"He did once say I'd make the right decisions in life. I feel like we all made the right decision, but it might take a bit for me to get used to being around them."

"We'll be fine Seyn. I believe so." Del added

Just then a crew member reported an incoming rebel ship coming out of hyperspace. It was the Restoration, which received the signal. A U-wing launched and was coming into the landing bay. So another crew member opened it, and allowed the ship to enter, which luckily for Inferno they were already in the bay. The U-wing opened and three rebels walked in the cargo bay, one of them was Shriv, escorted by two troopers.

"So. You're Inferno squad?" He asked, being very careful around them.

"Yes. You received our distress call?" Iden asked

"We did, but I'm very skeptical about all of this."

"There's nothing to be skeptical about here."

"Funny, you might not remember that you're the empire's most elite forces."

"You have no idea what we witnessed on Vardos." Seyn added

"Try me."

"The Empire tortured a living world, killing countless innocent civilians to keep their reputation" She explained, which didn't surprise Shriv.

"That's the empire alright. I'll give you this, i'm at least surprised you saw their true nature"

"But we didn't believe it until now. We even rescued civilians from the city we were in during the event" Del added, almost making Shriv laugh,

"Don't make me laugh."

"They're on the bridge. Go look for yourself." Del continued.

Shriv sends one of his troops to scout ahead to the bridge, while the rest wait. As he did his eyes suddenly locked onto Seyn, not once looking away from her. For some reason, in his mind, she seemed different compared to the other two. He kept this to himself until the other trooper escort asked "What are you looking at?"