Chapter twenty-one

Start from the beginning

Goliath watched as she jogged two and a half miles with Kuda only a few feet ahead of her the entire time. He watched with yearning to be out there two running out like that like the old days. Memories flooded his brain.

Ones of Samara and him running as practice for the life competitions. Etc. And or just working out.

As Sam was finishing up she walked slowly petting Kuda thanking her for the nice run. When she got back inside Goliath whimpered for the first time in 800 years. For Sam to come closer to him, she turned to look back at him. She squatted down to eye level to the dog, ruffling his ears lovingly.

I was gently dancing to the tone

“I wonder what happened to your owner. Your such a big dog, you could be wild for all I know. You love kids, or tolerate them, but some how I seemed to be so drawled to you of all the dogs in the world. I wish I could take you home but your way to big for the house I highly doubt you would be safe in an older home. I think you'd fall through the floor. Sorry big guy, but hey your a Goliath sized dog compared to all the other dogs in the world. Or at least to me. You completely out size My dog Buddy. But of course any dog could.” she laughed

Sam sat down loving on the dog as she was talking with it. As if she didn't know he could respond back. Goliath didn't utter any human language not one peep.

“You have such a pretty Brown pelt, and I can tell your old by they gray hairs around your face.”

She rubbed a hand up his spine and to the base of his neck.

“Oh, your so pretty, I don't even think my parents would let you near the house. Thats a shame. I would've had to bring them over first anyways to beg them. Other wise I brought ya home then they'd dump ya in the pound.” she frowned.

Her father had walked into the old factory with a bag filled with her things that she forgot to pick up at her house.

“Sam, you left your things back at the house so I brought them over for you.” he smiled

Petting the dogs head. Sam saw this as a opportunity to ask her father.

“Dad I know you said that we couldn't get another dog. But this Goliath doesn't have a home and I was thinking he could just live in the backyard or in the acres. I think this guy knows how to take care of himself on the acres but if he lives in the back yard I would pay for his share in dog food. And I would make sure he behaves and doesn't get in any trouble.” I pleaded.

He looked serious

“Are you sure he doesn't belong here?” he questioned.

Zera walked over finishing that question into the dust.

“Nope he appeared yesterday and the youngest kids dragged him indoors before the animal control could pick him up. James gave him the shots normal dogs need every year.” she coughed.

Her father stared at the large dog for ten long minutes,

“You promise that you can take care of him and buddy all by yourself?” he questioned her. One last time.

Sam nodded yes and rubbed Goliath between the ears. A signal to make puppy eyes and wag is swirly tail with a hushed whimper. Her father broke under the pressure and said okay. Sam hugged him thanking him as he left Goliath licked his head when he reached down to pet him one last time before He went out the door.

That night when Zera and Sam went to bed Goliath snuggled close to the end of the bed right beside Kuda and Fluffykinz. The room was silent at four am in the morning when Sam rolled over and yelled.