Chapter 9 : Nervous

This is a shorter chapter, don't forget to comment and vote :)

Harley's POV

"Get your leg up higher!" Ryder shouted at me for what felt like the 100th time this morning.

I threw a hard punch at his jaw, "Well sorry if I'm don't want to lift my leg up after being waken up at 5am!"

"Boo-hoo, let me go and get the tissues." He mocked.

"Drop dead."

Ryder may of been a little on the softer side, but when it came to fighting and his gang, he was a cold bastard. His fighting skills were amazing and so were his shooting skills.

His leg came from under me, knocking me off my feet and onto the floor. He quickly jumped on top of me, straddling my waist. I could feel his cool breath on my ear, it smelt faintly of tobacco and cinnamon.

His low husky whisper filled my ears, "Careful there love, let's not forget who's in charge."

I managed to use my strength to turn us around so I was on top.

His eyes glinted with amusement as he smirked, "If you liked being the one on top then you could've just said, I don't judge."

I slammed my fist down hard onto his stupid perfect face. His lip soon began to seep blood.

I let out a short and clipped laugh, "I could kill you right now. I could place my hands onto your neck, and watch how your precious life slowly drained from your eyes."

I felt something hard poking my thigh, I took that as my cue to get up.

Ryder quickly jumped up, muttering curses to himself as he went to get some water.

Only I can get feelings like that for you, if any other man gets that for you then you will be punished! You're a useless whore attracting attention like that! His voice echoed in my head.

He's dead now Harley. I reminded myself that constantly, but his hurtful words still echoed in my head. He's why I'm like this. He's the reason I'm unhappy.

He's the reason no one loves me.

"Harley!" Ryder's voice boomed from behind me.

"I'm literally here, no need to shout you crude caveman!"

"I wouldn't of had to shout if you would've answered the first time," He snickered.

"Go and get cleaned up, there's something I want to ask you at dinner." His cheeks got visibly redder and he started wiping his hands on his joggers.

" His cheeks got visibly redder and he started wiping his hands on his joggers

Ryder was so nervous.

He kept wiping his hands and twiddling his fingers. Then he asked me if I was okay multiple times and if I was enjoying the food. If you looked closely at him, you could see it looked like he was having an internal battle with himself.

He wasn't saying anything, so I eventually spoke up, "You look like the nearly all girls on a prom night, what's the matter?"

I heard his breathing fault.

He started taking deep breaths, "Okay, would you-"

He stopped and nodded his head, "Will you-"

He leant forward onto the table with his head in his hands.

"Will you go on a date with me?" The question blurted from him, his eyes widened and his hand shot out to cover his mouth.

"You're asking to go on a date? With me?"

"Yes, I am asking to go out on a date with you Harley."

"This isn't some joke is it, you're being serious?" He was probably just joking, this was one of his sick games. He'd make me feel happy, and then rip it away from me.

"Yes I'm being serious. If you don't want to then that's fine, it's understandable if you don't want too. Don't worry, I just wanted to get to know you, it's okay though, I'll-"

I cut off his nervous rambling with my answer.

"Yes, as long as you buy me food."

His face broke out into one of the biggest smiles.

Authors note:

In my opinion, I don't think it's moving to fast. He's only asked her on a date, it's not like he's asked her to be his girlfriend. This will be them getting to know eachother.

 This will be them getting to know eachother

Have a good day.

Keira :)