Chapter 5

Cold... It was so damn cold.

I were shivering heavily, my entire body felt numb.
And I kept feeling a warm liquid drip down onto my face..

I fluttered my eyes open, only for nasea to kick in.
I felt like throwing up..
What the hell just happened..? And were am I?
All I saw was trees..

I blinked twice, just as a pained grunt followed.
Damn.. My head was aching like a crazy..
I lifted my hand up in order to rub the sour place onto my head only for me to hiss out at the burning feeling.
I cringed internally.
"Damn.. It.." I whined out before removing my hands.

However, my hands were stained into some sort of liquid..

It was stained red..?

Confusion filled me until it hit me.
That was blood!
My heart began pounding as a crazy against my ribcage, as if the organ was about to burst any time soon.

My head.. it felt so heavy..

It didn't help my nasea and the pain I were feeling..
So, the contents of my stomach littered all over the ground.

Could it get any worse..?

I went to try and move only to fail, I must've been stuck on something.
With that I moved my gaze towards my feet where indeed where a rope wrapped around my ankle.

And that was also once all my memories floated back into my mind..
I accidentally stepped in a trap on my way back to the camp, I must've hit my head when being lifted up by the rope causing me to lose consciousness and gain a small wound.

Oh dear.. Jack and the others must've been worried sickly.

My heart began picking up it's pace again.
I just had to get back!

With that I began squirming wildly from the rope, "Help me..! Somebody!"
I screamed out, however I noticed that squirming won't get me out of this, I have nothing to get a grip on..

Tears welled up into my eyes, afraid no one heard my cries for help, "Please help!" I yelled out again as I grew in a panic attack only to later on be soothed by the sound of heavy footsteps.

Someone was coming my way. Whoever it is could possibly help me!

The figure became more viewable, it looked like it was a human being in any case it could've been an animal.

I wildly began waving my hands, anxiety yet a warming feeling flooding into my fragile form.
I really hoped that this person would be my savour.
The thought of it warmed me up already.

However.. it was nothing like that.
It was a muscular man who wore old, torn clothing and a hockey mask in order to prevent me from seeing his actual face.
There's no way his aura can't make you concerned about your safety.

It frightened me how familiar he looked..
But I had no idea where I must've seen him before, atleast for now.
All I know for sure is that he wasn't good news.

I squeezed my eyes shut, covering my face with my hands.
And that's also when I suddenly felt his hot breath...
I decided to take a small peek and was shocked of how close he gotten.
He was looking over my form, completely motionless.

"Who.. who are you..? Can you help me..?" I dared to whimper only for the man to come even closer and kneel down to scan my face.
His ocean blue eyes were shining through the eyeholes of his mask, however it seemed like he had one blind eye judging the cloudy and lifeless pupil.

Chills ran down my spine..
This man didn't even reply, or in matter of fact move away.

He'll probably do something terrible to me any time soon.
There's no way any healthy human being would act this way!

I were lucky since suddenly I heard screaming from the distance, catching the male's attention too.
It made him flee as if he were some sort of wild lone wolf who were afraid of being in touch with other creatures who weren't that helpless.

Who was he anyway..?

I just couldn't put my finger on it why he looked so familiar to me.

"Amanda!" I were snapped out of my thoughts as the screams became clear.
I saw a figure run towards my way.
It was... Jack!

He must've been worried sickly because he dared to enter the forest despite his knowledge of the danger within it.
"Jack over here!" I yelled out, my voice however was still a bit shaky by the tension from not so long ago.

Jack's figure bolded towards the right direction by now, only to stop right in front of me. "Amanda!" His voice cracked, clearly he were in a panic.
"What the hell did you get yourself into?! We were worried sickly about you! We thought something attack you or something!" He snapped, yelling right into my face only for tears to well up into my eyes.

The tension returned and clouded my mind as my tears spilled, "I couldn't help it..!" I yelled out, my voice cracked. "I was minding my own business okay?! I just accidentally stepped into this trap on my way back since it was laying somewhere around hidden under the leafs!" I cried out.

Jack's figure cringed before the tension in his pose left him.
The anger in his chocolate brown orbs faded to guilt.
He decided to act, "Hey! Don't cry!" He tried to comfort me but is failing miserably.
"Let's just get you down and return to the others, okay?" I silently nodded in reply.

With that Jack took his pocket knife and started to cut the rope.

But that made me realise something.. this was too much of a fall. "Jack don-" the rope broke, sending me face first to the ground.
My head was aching worse by now as a numbness took over..
And that was once everything faded to black over again.

.
.
.

"Do you really think she'll be okay?! Are you sure we don't need to call for help? This is irresponsi-"

"She'll be fine. I bandaged her head and cleaned her wound."

"But Jack, she've been out cold ever since you two gotten back. Give her atleast a chance to get proper care."

"I said she'll be fine!" The voice snapped.

My eyes fluttered open, I saw two men arguing with each other.

Who were they anyway..?

"Ugh.. where.. w-where am I..?" I silently asked only for them to snap their heads towards my direction.
One seemed to be happy about it, a dark colored male ran towards my form only for him to wrap his arms around me, giving a big bear hug. "Amanda! You're awake!" He yelled out.

He seemed to be awfully worried..
However the auburn haired male only shook his head in disapproval and left the two of you to be.

I tried to shove the other male away from me, trying to escape his awkward hug.
But it only made him tighten to embrace..
"P-please let go.." I whimpered. "I don't know you.."
Hearing my voice the male would immidiately let go off me.

His eyes were wide, "God damn it, it's worse than I thought. Fuck Jack's opinion, I'm going to call for help. By the way, my name is Bart. We are staying over with a small group including Jack who was the guy from before, Jenny and Brandon in the case you don't remember."
A soft sigh left his lips before he muttered something to himself.

He suddenly stuck out his hand to me, "Come one princess, we're going to call for help. And with your current condition.. I won't be able to trust you to be alone by yourself."
Confusion hitted me but I took his hand anyway.
He helped me up and we started walking.
"So.. I heard from Jenny that there's a phone which works somewhere in the campsite. If I recall correctly it's cabin 5." He smiled my way only for me to smile awkwardly back.

It didn't took that long till we arrived. In matter of fact it was a 2 minute walk.
"Stay here, okay? I'll make it quick."
The man named Bart quickly rushed towards the side of the cabin, dailing 911.
It didn't take that long till there was a voice on the line, "911, what's yo-"
The line just cut off.

And that was also once the power around the entire camp went off...

To be continued..