Chapter 2

Two weeks later..

I were sitting onto my warm brown couch, a fluffy pillow resting into my neck in order to have a perfect straight spine.
It was very common that I had issues with my back. Doctors suggested me to keep my spine as straight as possible no matter what's the cost.

It's always better than being wrecked at the age of 20.
My eyes gazed upon the large screen in front of me.
They were talking about the weather, which basically said it would be sunny all week long.

I really couldn't tell for today, it was raining heavily.
Like, really heavily.
It's been a few weeks since I've helped this guy called Jack.
Ever since we hang out almost daily as if we knew each other for years.
However for today..
It was rather hard to come outside without being soaked due the rain.

A good thing is, he suddenly invited me over to go on a camp trip with him and some of his mates.
It sounds exciting, he told me he used to go there when he were younger and that it was the best place to spend your day if having nothing better to do.
It was a place somewhere by the name Crystal Lake..?

I have to be honest, I've never heard of this place before. All I knew for sure was that it's located a hour or two away from here.

The thought of camping warmed me a little.
I've always had a love for mother nature's creations.
It always felt so... peaceful.
Maybe I should do some research about the camp area?

With that I left my seat and walked over to my laptop who rested onto the dinner table.
Silently I lifted up it's screen and pressed the power up button.
The screen lid up and immidiately gave away the brand of the laptop.
Patiently I waited for it to start up before I signed into my account.

I honestly were excited of whatever my findings might be.
Once the laptop started fully I went ahead and clicking onto the internet browser icon.
Directly googling 'Camp Crystal Lake'.

I waited for a few seconds and all sorts of results started popping up.
I clicked the first result on the list and it brought me to a web page.
It was a web page full of information about the camp from the past to the current events.
It was quite saddening that there had been a young boy who drowned there.

I couldn't help but feel my heart burn with sorrow for the poor little child.
I continued my search in order to set my mind off the drowning.
I found some other results. The camp site had been closing down only for it to reopen later on?
That was... a little off..

However the camp site seemingly used to be for younger children.
It's quite weird that Jack wanted to return although he wasn't a child anymore.
Maybe it was his autism..?

I mean, I have no idea what having autism exactly means.
In matter of fact I never did research on any disorder, mental or physical.
It just didn't matter to me since I were completely healthy myself.
All I know for sure is that the brains of these people worked differently than ours, making them harder to deal with or understand.

After pondering for a while I continued my search, only to be happy with my results.
It honestly looks like an amazing place!
They've got a nice lake, a forest nearby.
No wonder they call it 'Crystal Lake'.

After searching for a few more minutes I decided to log off and shut my laptop.
Leaving the electric creation alone.

Suddenly a tired yawn escaped my mouth.
I seemingly haven't been sleeping that much..
But who was there to judge me? My dreams only got crazier ever since the incident with the masked killer.
I honestly have no idea why he frightened me that much.

I mean come on..? It's just a simple man in a hockey mask!
I'm really silly for being so frightened of a simple dream.

A soft chuckle escaped my throat through my lips.
"Amanda, you surely are a freak." I mocked myself with a tired grin onto my face.

Silently I tiptoed back towards my couch, letting myself fall into it

Then something popped up into my mind..

Jack hadn't exactly told me when the camp trip took place.

Without hesitation I dailed Jack's phone number.

And it went over..

Patiently I waited for the familiar voice over the phone.
And there was it..  "Hello, you're speaking with Jack Mendans. Who am I speaking to?"
His voice was filled with curiosity yet there was still a light form of concern, probably afraid someone was prankcalling him.

"Don't worry, it's me. Amanda." I replied with a smile, ofcourse he wouldn't be able to see it but I couldn't help it.
"Oh..! Amanda, I'm truly sorry that I didn't recognise you immidiately."
Jack replied with anxiety.
It was audioable since every once and then his voice would crack.

I wouldn't judge him. Nobody really had been too kind towards this boy.
So, I decided to calm him down.
"Don't worry. You couldn't even know. I hadn't even said anything right ahead." I assured him.

"Right.. But why did you call me this late exactly?" All the anxiety left his tone. Seemingly relieved at my reply.
"I were wondering when our camp trip took place. You had been too excited about camping that you eventually forgotten about which date we'll visit the place."

That's right..
But honestly, it was quite cute how he gotten such a child like excitement only to camp at a certain place.

"Oh, I'm truly sor-" I cut him off.
"Don't you dare to apologize for nothing. You always could've told me later on, I wouldn't really mind."

That's when I heard a heart warming chuckle from the other side.
"You're right.. But the date is June the 13th."

"June the 13th?!" I panicked.
"That's like two days from now! Oh god, I should pack up immidiately!"

Loud laughter were heard from the other side. "Don't worry, you don't have to pack that much. I have a spare sleeping bag and I wouldn't mind sharing my tent with you."
Jack assured me.

That was a heart warming thing to hear if I had to be honest.
I felt my face grow hot as my cheeks became a pale light pink.
"Thank you Jack.. I truly appreciate it."

Silence approached..

"I guess I'll hang up. It's getting late anyway. Goodnight Amanda and I'll see you on Friday."

A soft smile formed towards my lips.
"Goodni-" he hung up. "-ght Jack.."

I guess I should get some sleep of my own indeed.

With that I silently moved back towards the big screen of my tv. Turning it off.

I rushed upstairs and undressed only to carelessly throw my clothes towards the ground as I quickly nestled into my warm bed.

With one last thought I closed my eyes and fell deep in slumber...