Chapter 4

My mind was clouded with paranoia as I waited for Jack's return.
It's been almost 3 hours since he left in order to check where his mates were.
It worried me.. And my paranoia weren't helping one bit.

A sigh left my lips, atleast I were done with setting up the tent and I've putted both Jack's and the sleeping bag I were lending into it.
The only thing left to do here was gather some wood in order to stoke a fire.
So, I decided to do so in order to distract myself from the uneasiness I were feeling.

Gently I took the pocket knife from my trouser's pocket.
It's definitely a good thing that I took it along with me.
But was it sharp enough though?
I hate to do this.. But I had to.
Slowly I slide the blade over my finger just for blood to trickle from it.
I didn't even have to press onto the blade to cause a small wound.
I hissed at the stinging sensation.

This was definitely sharp..

It was utterly stupid that I didn't take a small hatchet with me in order to chop up some wood.
Maybe Jack had one..?
But that would take way too long.. He's already been gone for a hour or two.
Not forgetting to mention; my patience runned low. I felt way too uneasy and had to do something to distract myself.

With knife in hand I approached a thin trees which were located nearby.
I probably should cut this one's branches.. But would it be enough to create atleast a small fire?
I had no idea.
It didn't matter at the current, I always could try.

An uneasy sigh left my lips as I started cutting it's branches with my blade.
It was truly luck that they were cut off that easily. But I had to sharpen my blade anytime soon for sure.

Whatever..

After a while of cutting branches I heard voices from a distance.
Could it be them?
I narrowed my eyes at the figures which were approaching me.
To my relief, it indeed was them. Jack was walking along their sides and talking to them, so it had to be them.
A soft smile formed to my lips as my heart began pounding with excitement.
I was just really glad I were no longer alone..

Once Jack were close enough and noticed me he'd smile upon my form, "I'm truly sorry that we took so long. Brandon and Jenny here had some trouble with their car." Jack gestured towards the girl and guy.
The girl who went by the name Jenny had gorgeous natural, wavy, red hair and a pair of grey eyes, giving her a ghostlike effect to her.

The guy however.. Brandon, he ofcourse looked like the stereotypical fuckboy type; blonde hair, blue eyes and tan skin.
Brandon had a disgusting smirk upon his face, Jack mentioned about him before.. "And who might this hottie be?" He motioned with his hand towards my direction, scanning me from head to toe.

I felt.... uncomfortable.

Jenny playfully punched Brandon into the shoulder, "That's no way of talking to a young lady." She glared at Brandon before sticking out her hand towards me, expecting me to shake it.
So, I did. Not wanting to disappoint the other.
I gently took her hand and shook it in a friendly manner, "I assume you're Amanda, huh? Jack told us a lot about you." She'd send a warming smile towards me only causing me to smile in return.
"By-the-by, that awesome guy over there is Bart-" She gestured towards the dark colored male with warm, friendly chocolate brown eyes.
"-And this is man-whore Brandon." She gestured towards the blonde guy, causing him to roll his eyes.

Bart quickly joined in and stuck out his hand, shaking mine. "It's nice to meet you Amanda." He gave me a bright smile.
I like Jenny and Bart, no wonder why Jack got along with them.
However Brandon.. He's giving me the creeps.
"It's nice to meet you too Bart." I smiled in return at the man.

That was until Jack cleared his throat loud enough to grab all our attention, all of us snapping our heads towards him.
"Let's set up all the tents here. It's better to stay close to each other judging the nights can be dangerous here. Anything could sneak up upon us and suddenly attack us out of nowhere."

We all nodded in reply, however Jenny spoke up, "That's right, since it's the season where those damn wild pigs room around with their youngs it'll be nowhere safe." She'd roll her eyes.
"I'm sure we can scare them off with fire." Bart filled in.

"That doesn't change the fact that we should stay together." Jack mentioned.
"Don't worry Jacky-boy." Oh no.. Brandon was about to start over again.
"I got this. I'll keep this group safe..-" he wrapped his arms around me and Jenny. "And these hotties."

I scoffed in disgust, kicking his shim only to move away from the creep.
"Don't touch me." I threatened with a glare.
Jenny seemingly were entertained by my reaction, "You go girl!" She cheered.
With that she hit Brandon into the gut with her elbow, causing him to stumble backwards and scoff.

Jack only shook his head in disappointment, "We're here to take a break away from the world's stress Brandon, not for those pleasurable things."
Bart approached Jack, resting his hand onto his shoulder.
"I agree with Jack, let's not mess around and keep our cool instead."
Brandon only rolled his eyes, "Whatever, I will get my way one or another way anyway." He scoffed.

"Let's just get to work." Jack sent a glare to Brandon.
Gladly no one was against that plan and we directly went to work.
Jenny and i setting the other tents up, Bart and Jack were chopping extra wood for our fireplace, Brandon was filling each tent with supplies and sleeping bags.
We were busy for a good few hours, in matter of fact it was late into the afternoon when we were finished.

Jack started a campfire by now, making us sit onto the treetrunks around it.
We began warming up our meals which were simple cans of beans and such.
But it was better than nothing.
After all, we couldn't exactly use pots and pans.
There might be cabins here but Jenny and I checked all of them by now.
All of them were locked, it was quite saddening, really.

Even with all that, I didn't regret coming here.
It was nice and calming over here, I have no idea why I had a stupid paranoia episode.
I slowly stuck my hands near the fire, warming my hands since the air grew colder by the time, causing shivers to go down my spine.
After we were were done cooking we went to feast onto it.
It wasn't much, but it was filling enough for just today.

After we finished our meals the sun were slowly lowering.
I still wanted to explore the woods, so I had to hurry up.
I looked over at Jack and then at the others.
I cleared my throat.
"Ummm.." I started, "I think I'm going for a walk into the woods over there."
I gestured towards the wooded area.

It already was a beautiful sight from here.
Jack looked up at me before nodding, "Sure, just make sure that you're back before it's pitch dark."
A warming smile came upon my face.
How cute..  He were worried about my well-being.

I just nodded, "Don't you worry, I will."
With that I took off towards the beautiful scenery.
It was like it never ended.
A soft smile formed upon my face, letting the wind blow through my hair.
It was saddening that the sun was going down in such a fast pace right now.
It was too beautiful to leave this early.. But they might be worried by now.
Maybe I should return now. It wouldn't be a great idea to make them worried sick."

Yep. It was time to return to my tent.
Just as I were to take another step I seemingly stepped into something.
I immidiately got lifted up against a tree by a rope which seemingly snapped around my ankle.
My eyes widened.

Shit, I must've been walked into a animal tra-

Blank.