oh how tragic

I slip my favorite jeans on, to be exact, Calvin Klein 061 mid rise boy. They fit lose and tight, if that makes sense.

Probably doesn't but they're the best.

With that a put on a black long sleeved mesh top, on top of that a black silk top, with a v cut. I can't believe it's finally hot enough for me to wear that.

I tie my black old Skool Vans, look in the mirror before I run downstairs. "Hey" I greet Matthew who sits at the kitchen island as usual.

"What are you dressed up for?" he says hencing my mascara coated eyelashes. "Going out with Ruel" I smile widely.

"When is he coming?"

"In-" I look at my phone "-5ish minutes" I answer as the clock says 2.23pm and he said he would pick me up half past.

"But he's always early so he's prob-" just as I'm about to finish my sentence the doorbell rings. I hurry outside, but I don't see Ruel, I see Coco and Sylvie.

"Hey?" I look over at Coco who looks like something very shitty and bad happened. "Is everything alright?" I then ask them.

Sylvie looks like shit too.

"Ruel" Coco manages to say. "What happened?" I start getting impatient, feeling myself get blue.

"What's going on out there?" Matthew calls shortly before he stands behind me, with his hands on my shoulders.

"He was on his way here-" Coco takes a deep breath. "And this driver-" I stop her, not wanting to hear what happened to Ruel.

"Is he alright?" I ask with a shaky breath. "We don't know, mum and dad took the car, and we thought we'd tell you" Sylvie breaks in.

"I can take you" Matthew offers.

"Thank you" I cry into his shoulder. "He's my bro" he state before putting his shoes on and a denim jacket.

Before we leave he puts on over my shoulders as well. I recognize it as Ruel's. I give Matthew a weak smile, before leading Coco and Sylvie to our car.

Well more Matthews car, but that's not important right now.

We all drive in silence, not even the radio is playing. What if he's not going to be okay? What if he has memory loss? What if he can't remember me.

I start bawling my eyes out by all the thoughts overwhelming my brain. "Hey, hey he'll be okay" Coco says holding my tightly.

"But what if he won't?"

"You can't think like that" Matthew tells me, not removing his eyes from the road. "But-" "No" He gives me a stern look through the rear mirror.

I shut my mouth and let Coco hold me.

-

"We're here" Matthew drops us of at the main entrance while he tries to find a parking spot.

I get supported by Coco and Sylvie as we make out way inside. Ruel, Ruel the guy who I really fucking like, is laying in a bed somewhere in here.

Sylvie asks after him in the reception and is given directions to his room. We quietly walk towards his room.

I stop once we reach it.

"You can go in first, I need to tell Matthew where we are anyway" I tell them. Coco starts to say something but I cut her off, by finding my phone and start texting Matthew.

I hear the door open and close, once they're inside I find a chair across the hall. I may have been crying before but that doesn't compare to my cries now.

You know when you hold your tears in, by tightening your entire face and it turns red? That's how I feel.

My entire body hot and already tired of feeling unsure of if Ruel is going to be okay.

I don't even realize Matthew gets down beside me. I only notice one he wraps his arm around me keeping me close.

We don't speak we just sit there.

I don't know for how long but at some point Matthew get up and asks if I want anything to eat, I just shake my head.

And hear him trail down the hallway with slow steps, like he doesn't want to leave kinda. I dry my wet cheeks.

Before resting my head up against the wall, looking up at the ceiling, which reminds me of when Jake kissed me and I ate like a thousand grapes.

I chuckle lightly, at that time that was my biggest problem, now the boy I really fucking like, maybe even love.

But I'm not in a relationship with yet, is laying in a hospital because a fucking idiot decided to hit him with his or hers car.

Maybe he's in a lot of pain, who knows?

I dry the new ray of tears away looking around, seeing a small boy sitting in a chair in front of another door.

Instead of sitting there feeling bad for myself I get up and sit next to the boy, who also has tears rolling down his slightly rosy cheeks.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"No" he mutters not looking away from his green converse. "What happened?" I ask him in a soft tone.

"My mommy and mommy's boyfriend" he looks up at me, revealing a pair of warm chocolate eyes behind his big mass of curly hair.

"Are you okay?" he then asks he. "I don't know to be completely honest" I sigh. "What happened?"

"A car hit my boy- my friend when he was on his way to my house" I tell him. "Your boyfriend?" he asks looking at me with big eyes.

"No my friend" sometimes I forget me and Ruel aren't officially together yet. And it sucks fucking balls.

"Why are you sitting here all alone?"

"The doctors took my mommy and daddy into a big car, and I sat beside my mommy and now I'm here" he shrugged.

"Do you have any aunties or uncles?" I ask him.

"No, mommy's parents are dead, and she didn't have siblings, same as mommy's boyfriend" he tells me. "So you're all alone?"

"Yeah" he nods starting to cry. "Hey, hey, it'll be alright I got you" I say scooping the five ish year old into my lap.

•••
Next chapter

6 votes
9 comments

Luv u all