he can't know

"Let's do something" Jake complains from the opposite couch. "Like what?" I ask, not bothering to look away from the movie on the Tv.

"Go to the movies" he suggest. "We're already watching a movie" I say hencing to the Iron Man movie playing.

"Yeah but we've seen it a million times" he sigh. "Okay then what do you wanna do?" I question pausing the movie.

"Something, anything" he almost yell.

"Well okay, put on a jacket and we'll go somewhere" I laugh getting up from the couch. "Are we driving?" he asks putting on his boots and denim jacket.

"No" I simply answer.

Turns out that sharing a car with Matthew meant finding stuff, stuff I don't want to find in a car I share with my older brother.

"Why"

"Stuff" I answer tying the last tie on my worn out Vans. "Ew" Jake makes a gagging sound realizing what I meant.

"It's disgusting, like how does his friends even like him" I gag at the thought of, what had went down in my shared car.

"Let's, um, change the subject" Jake hurries to say, hencing I didn't want to speak about my older brothers... Let's say private life.

"Yeah how was that test before christmas?" I ask walking outside. "It was whatever" he shrugs.

"And that means bad?" I chuckle as we walk down the road towards the city, or like I live in the city, just not like the busy, busy city.

You know?

"I kinda miss hanging out with Anna and Mason" I pout. "Yeah me too" Jake sighs. "And don't act like I don't see you and Ruel giving each other heart eyes" he adds.

"I won't" I chuckle.

"And when he asks you to be his girlfriend, then I'll be all alone" Jake complains. "No you won't" I say almost shouting.

He shouldn't feel like that. "You'll find someone that'll make you laugh even more than we do" I smile.

"How can you know?" he asks. "I don't, but you will" I reassure him. He just blows some air out of his mouth, making his curly hair, that often falls in front of his eyes, blow up.

"It'll be fine" I assure him.

Jake just gives me a tight smile, before opening the door the 7 eleven for me, I didn't even realize that we were at 7 eleven.

"Thanks" I smile, and hurry towards the ice cream section, for three reasons, one cause it's a sunday night, second I miss Ruel like crazy, and third of all I am craving ice cream.

"Well that sure is a lot of ice cream" Jake who had joined me laughs. "Shut up" I whine walking towards the counter.

It isn't that much, I promise, only like a fudge brownie, cookie dough and a birthday cake. And the birthday cake one is for Jake.

"Hard night?" the girl at the counter, who looks around my age asks. "Nahh" I shrug. "Let me pay" Jake breaks in.

"No" I say handing her the money. "Well if he did something I can beat him up" she winks putting the money in the register.

"No need to" I chuckle. "It's more me who's being annoying" I add with a smile. "He thinks he's going to be lonely once I get a boyfriend"

"Oh poor boy" she joins in on my laughter.

"If you want I could hang out with you, when she gets a boyfriend" she offers. "yeah he would like that, here's his number" I say writing it down on the receipt.

"Madi-" Jake tries to break in, before I hand her the number. "You might as well give him a call now" I smile before dragging myself and Jake out of the little store.

"Why?" he doesn't waste a second on asking me.

"Because now you don't need to be all lonely and stuff" I giggle like I'm some kinda genius, which I definitely am by the way.

"Let's sit at the pier (not the famous one, like just one on a small beach you know?) and eat" I decide before he gets to answer.

Me and Jake's friendship. basically consists of spontaneous decisions.

Which we like.

He doesn't say anything just follows me, on my journey towards the small beach in our small part of a big city.

"When does Ruel come back?" he asks once we have gotten seated. "The 27th I think, his sisters and mom will be tagging along" I tell him taking a scoop of my fudge brownie.

"I don't like that guy" he comments, taking a big scoop of his ice cream. "Well I do" I tell him, why wouldn't he like Ruel, Ruel is the kindest human being ever.

"He just seems too perfect, like who just moves to America for fun, there must be a reason or some shit" he spit.

"I don't know, he seems pretty normal to me" I shrug his words off. "I just don't trust or like him" Jake ends the topic.

"You know what?" I suddenly say, after a few moments of quiet..

"No I don't" he says with his mouth full of ice cream. "Ben and Jerrys is really fucking great" I say out loud, like really loud.

"And-" I hold my finger up, eating a bite more. "I always wonder how y'all are still friends with my annoying ass"

"Because you're an annoying ass" Jake smiles.

"Well-" I stop myself. "I am pretty annoying" I laugh at myself. "Yeah you are" Jake agrees with yet another smile playing on his lips.

"What?" I ask, as he looks at me weirdly. "Is there something on my face?" I question with a confused laugh.

"No" he mumbles.

"Then why are you looking at me all weird and stuff?" I ask. "Because you're really beautiful" he says with no hesitation in his voice.

"Wha-" he cuts me of but connecting my lips to his, at first I don't know who to react, and then my stupid ass self kiss him back.

"Bet Ruel didn't kiss you like that" he says and gets up. "What?" I yell after him as he leaves me at the pier.

Tears starts to fill my eyes.

What have I done, I kissed another guy, but I like Ruel, I really fucking like him. He can't know, it'll hurt him.

"Jake wait" I call after him getting up as well. He turns around at the sound of my voice.

It's my birthday today or it's almost over so here's a chapter I spend my morning writing love you all

Goal for next chapter
7 votes
6 comments
25 reads

Go on we can do this 💗💗💗