eight.

╔═════════╗
𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑽𝑰𝑽𝑶𝑹
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚═════════╝

╔══════════╗
eight.
experimentation
╚══════════╝

WITH  OUR  BACKS TO  THE  WALL,
THE   DARKNESS   WILL  FALL.  WE
NEVER QUITE THOUGHT WE COULD
LOSE IT ALL.

"CLINT, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Bruce explained as Nebula tinkered with the controls of the suit.

"Wait a second, let me ask you something," Rhodey piped up, standing beside Christina. "If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just go back and find baby Thanos, y'know? And..." He mimed tying something around the babies neck before pulling on it and choking; implying they kill baby Thanos by choking him.

"First of all, that's horrible!" Bruce exclaimed, holding out a hand.

"C'mon," Christina chuckled with a warning tone underneath. She cocked a brow.

Rhodey's shoulder's dropped. "It's Thanos." He looked between the two.

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way." Bruce continued, "Changing the past doesn't change the future!

"We go back, we get the Stones before Thanos gets them, Thanos doesn't have the Stones." Scott offered hopefully. Rhodey motioned a hand to him, looking up at Bruce. "Problem solved."

"Bingo," Clint mumbled, his voice an octave deeper than usual.

"No, problem not solved." Christina shook her head, looking over her shoulder at him.

"That's not how it works." Nebula hushed. Now it was Christina's turn to motion a hand to her, looking at Rhodey to further her point.

"Well, that's what I heard." Clint commented before Bruce leaned down at him,

"What? By who?" the scientist asked frantically, getting annoyed. "Who told you that?"

"Star Trek, Terminator," Rhodey listed, lifting his fingers as he spoke. "TimeCop, Time After Time,"

"Quantum Leap." Scott added, nodding his head.

"A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time,"

"Hot Tub Time Machine." Scott pointed out again.

"Hot Tub Time Machine, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure—"

"Ooh, Keanu Reeves...big fan." Christina mumbled to herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

"—Basically any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodey finished his list.

"Die Hard?" Scott asked before his face scrunched up. "No, that's not one..."

"This is known." Rhodey said.

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true." Bruce remarked. "Think about it; if you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed to your new future!"

"Exactly." Nebula and Christina said in union, their voices strangely harmonizing.

"So Back to the Future's a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asked in disbelief.