five.

╔═════════╗
𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑽𝑰𝑽𝑶𝑹
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚═════════╝

╔═══════╗
five.
fortuitous
╚═══════╝

WHAT'S GOING TO BE LEFT OF THE
WORLD IF YOU'RE NOT IN IT?
//
EVERY MINUTE AND EVERY HOUR
I MISS YOU, I MISS YOU, I MISS YOU
MORE. EVERY STUMBLE AND EACH
MISFIRE, I MISS YOU, I MISS YOU,
I MISS YOU MORE.

NATASHA and Steve shared a skeptical look as they watched Scott and Christina pace back and forth in opposite ways. Every time they passed one another, they would glance up at one another, nodding in agreement or sharing a small whisper about something.

"It's crazy, right?" Scott hushed and Christina tapped on her chin with her fingers.

"I don't know. I've never thought of it like that. That opens up loads of possibilities!" she replied, looking away in deep thought. "I mean, just think of how we'd get to two places and—"

Steve cleared his throat, and the two snapped their gazes to his simultaneously. He raised his eyebrows. "Are you two okay?"

They both nodded again together, and Natasha frowned, thinking it was a bit weird. Christina looked at Scott, rubbing his shoulder encouragingly. Scott nodded at her before rubbing his eyes.

After a moment, he started wringing his hands. "Have either of you guys ever studied quantum physics?"

"Only to make conversation." Natasha said nonchalantly.

Scott raised his hands, moving them around but not talking. "Uh..." He paused again. "All right, so, five years ago... Five years ago, right before... Thanos, I was in a place called the quantum realm. It's like its own microphonic universe."

"I was supposed to go in with him, but Scott refused to let me." Christina added, giving a tight-lipped smile.

"Yeah," Scott swallowed, touching her shoulder before hastily continuing, "To get there, you have to be incredibly small. Our friend, Hope, was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck there."

"Wait, why couldn't Christina pull you out?" Steve asked, crossing his arms.

"You see, it was Hope and Hank that always worked the tunnel so I could get in and out; I was sort of their test subject. I only really know how to start it up and shut it down for emergencies. They knew how to pull me in and out." Christina nodded, shoving some hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very long five years, for the both of you." Natasha condoled before Scott shook his head.

"Yeah, but it wasn't." Scott remarked.

Christina looked around the room awkwardly, rocking on her feet. "It was for me..."

Scott have her a sympathetic look, leaning in to press a kiss on her temple before putting his arm around her shoulder. She smiled, reaching up to link their fingers.