"Like Thanos."

Thor physically froze. His smile slowly disappeared. His face twisted and he reached up to grab Bruce's coat. Thor pointed his finger at him. "Don't say that name." Thor said uneasily, voice nearly cracking.

"Um," Korg stood from the couch. "We don't really say that name in here."

"Please take your hand off me." Bruce asked politely, tugging at Thor's hand until he let go. "Now I know that...guy might scare you."

Thor snorted, his voice wavering with emotion, "Why would I be? Why would, why would I be scared of that guy? I'm the one who killed that guy, remember? Anyone else here kill that guy? Nope. Didn't think so. Korg, why don't you tell everybody who chopped Thanos' big head off?"

"Uh, Stormbreaker?" Korg answered hesitantly.

"Now who's swinging Stormbreaker?" Thor muttered, walking away from Bruce.

Bruce followed. "I get it. You're in a rough spot, okay? I've been there myself. And you wanna know who helped me out of it?"

"I don't know. Is it...Natasha?" Thor suggested lazily, continuing to nurse his beverage.

"It was you." he corrected sincerely. "You helped me."

"Why don't you ask...the Asgardians down there, how much my help was worth." he collapsed into a nearby chair by the window. "The one's that are left, anyway."

"I think we can bring them back." Bruce pressed with a nod.

"Stop. Just stop." Thor chuckled, forcefully grabbing an opened packet of cookies and digging around with his fingers. "I know you think I'm down here wallowing in my own self-pity, waiting to be rescued and saved. But I'm fine, okay? We're fine, aren't we?"

"All good here, mate!" Korg replied happily.

"So whatever it is that you're offering, we're not into it, don't care. Couldn't care less. Goodbye." Thor smiled, shoving the snack into his mouth and chewing loudly.

"We need you pal," Bruce stated with a sigh. Thor chuckled to himself quietly, shaking his head. "Amber needs you..." Bruce added, voice just above a whisper.

Thor froze again, never thinking he'd hear her name again. Even her name was like velvet in his ears. His chewing slowed down and he swallowed after a full minute of silence. Tears welled in his eyes slowly, and before he could blink them away, one slipped down his cheek. Thor wiped it away with his glove, downing the rest of his drink in a few gulps.

"There's beer on the ship." Rocket said slowly, trying to lure him in.

Thor sniffed loudly, wiping his nose. He took his time with answering, a small spark of hope flickering in his chest. "What kind?"

THOR cracked open a can of beer, sauntering into the room. He was dressed in a shirt, a cardigan, pyjama pants, crocs and a pair of sunglasses over his eyes.

"Drifting left," Tony chimed in, carrying a pipe over his shoulder. "On the side there, Lebowski."

Lexi turned at the sound of Tony with a light smile, but it quickly turned into a frown at the sight of Thor. Thor met her gaze and frowned at her expression. Lexi blinked, quickly masking her disgust and offering a smile that didn't reach her eyes. She approached Tony, voice quieting, "What the hell happened to Thor?"

"Too much," Tony sighed, shrugging his shoulders.

"Ratchet! How's it going" Tony suddenly yelled, smiling and nodding appreciatively when Lexi helped him carry the pipe.

"It's Rocket." he called back over the distance sound of rock music playing on the speakers. He pointed his wrench at the billionaire, hanging on the underside of the quantum tunnel generator they were building. "Take it easy, you're only a genius on Earth, pal."

Thor belched loudly behind the two, making Lexi flinch and glance back at him, cocking an eyebrow.

SCOTT tried standing still as Bruce, Nebula, and Christina trekking around him. His eyes darted around as the three spoke to one another, as if Scott wasn't even in the suit.

"Time travel suit not bad," Rhodey nodded, looking over the white bodysuit Scott wore.

Bruce reached down, a small tube of Hank's 'Pym Particles' in his large fingers. When he attempted to store the vile in Scott's suit, Scott jerked away. "Hey, hey! Easy! Easy!"

"I'm being very careful."

"No, you're being very Hulk-y!" Scott snapped back, grabbing the tube from Bruce.

Bruce stepped back, "I'm being careful!"

Scott held up the tube of red liquid at the scientist, "These are Pym Particles, all right?" Bruce licked his gums in annoyance. "And ever since Hank Pym snapped out of existence, this is what we have. We're not making any more!"

"Scott," Rhodey and Christina said in unison. Scott turned sharply. Rhodey held his hands up, "Calm down."

"You need to calm down, Scott. Seriously. Bruce is trying the hardest he can." Christina scolded, eyebrows furrowing. She stepped beside Nebula, glancing at the wire work she did.

"Sorry," Scott sighed deeply. "We got enough for one round-trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus, two test runs."

Bruce turned back to the controls on the wall.

Scott shoved the tube of particles into his suit, accidentally activating his suit and shrinking. When Scott reappeared a second later, he pursed his lips, "One test run."

"You idiot," Christina whispered, rubbing his eyes tiredly. Rhodey shook his head, staring at his feet.

"All right," Scott sighed, shutting his eyes. "I'm not ready for this."

Christina stepped forward. "Scott, I've done this before, let me—"

"I'm game."

Everyone's heads turned to see Clint standing in the doorway, arms crossed over his chest. They all noticed Clint's immense change, including a full sleeve of tattoos on his left arm. "I'll do it."

GAME OF SURVIVAL
❛ by -sebstan ❜

author's comments

y'all ever notice that when
bruce hands scott a taco, he
has two in his fingers but when
it cuts to scott taking it, he only
has one? just thought that was
funny when I saw it in the theatre

also sorry for the horrible ending
to the chapter :/ next one will
be better !