"I know the area well, tell me if you need anything." The girl from the pack house who escorted my parents and I into a room back in the pack house, whose name which I learned today was Helen. We made our way further into the market and watched the items that were on sale.

Helen had accompanied us so as to be of assistance when we need it. Xerxes insisted we take a guard along with us, as mum and I decided to have a date which she promised the day before, but I declined and requested for someone who I wouldn't be uncomfortable with and someone familiar. He surprisingly listened to me and ordered Helen to go along with us who was more than willing to go by his orders.

Thinking back to how Xerxes was always bound on keeping me under  someone's watch as he made to leave a guard with me at all times, him choosing Helen who though was a couple of inches taller than me was a year than me and of the same built as I was. I wasn't questioning her ability to protect us but it still quite didn't settle with me.

I guess, we both will be running for home when someone attack us.

"I like this." I picked out a simple pearl hairpin and tried it on.

"Oh! It looks good on you." Mum's eyes wrinkled at the corner as she smiled at me lovingly, pure adoration in her eyes.

"You look beautiful, Luna." Helen wasn't so quiet with her words and we ended up getting the attention of the people around us.

The otherwise hustle bustle market, filled with noise suddenly quieten down and the people stared at us with wide eyes.

Some looked surprised and shocked while some had perplexed look on their face, doubt written all over the face.

I would never get used to the look people throw at me when they realize I was Xerxes mate.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to..." Helen apologized, her voice low and a mere whisper this time.

I thought I would get used to it as time passed by and was even getting accustomed with the pack members stare and murmurs but the people in the market were a whole different people.

They weren't from this pack, they were more like gypsies and traders from other friendly pack that Xerxes had treaties with.

  Though there were some locals around us, they were less in comparison to the people from other packs. And i wouldn't even be surprised if they joined in along with the rest  to point out my flaws and question my strength.

And even though they feared the consequences of talking ill of a Luna, I was pretty certain they still wouldn't be so tight lipped about Xerxes- the alpha king's mate because they probably by now have listed out how different and unworthy I was to be paired with him.

"Don't let it get to you." Mum somehow knew what my thoughts were as she rubbed my arm as a source of comfort.

I nodded my head and managed to throw a small smile at Helen. "It's okay, you only said what's true." Just because people think I didn't match Xerxes in terms of strength and power doesn't mean I will give up on him and listen to the whispered and taunts.

The moon goddess had chosen us to be one and I believe in her that she wouldn't make a wrong decision.

By now, the people were starting to look antsy as they looked at each other, looking confused what to do next.

"Don't mind us, get back to your work." Helen effectively made them get to their work with her loud voice. The people bowed at me slight in respect and out of compulsion before turning to what they were doing.

"Well, that was-" I was cut off by a group of men who I didn't recognise and who didn't look like they were from this pack.

"Oh, look who do we have here? Isn't this our very own little Helen?" An unfamiliar guy spoke up over the noise of the crowd, he didn't have a single hair in his head and had a  sinister, disgusted smile on his face as he regarded Helen with a hostile stare.