Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.

Start from the beginning

"Yeah.... it was shocking. I don't know... I don't know how to react or what to say.  Arhaan backed out and  is going to London.  He could've said it before. Backing out at the last moment is really.... bad and disappointing.", Anabiya kind of ranted out and Ruhina shook her head.

"I know right! How selfish of him! That jerk shouldn't have agreed upon it na. Cancelling the arrangements three days before is just so mean and irresponsible of him. Idiot deserves a big sla-", Ruhina was interrupted by Anabiya's glare.

Ruhina internally smirked as she realized she just succeeded in what she had planned.  It was clearly written on Anabiya's  face that she was offended by whatever Ruhina just said.

"WHAT?", Ruhina acted again.

"Don't talk shit about him, Ruhina! I mean yeah okay fine he backed out, but atleast he didn't force anybody. I mean they weren't engaged or anything. Yeah I'm pissed off at him for doing this to Sanaya but c'mon we can't force him. Also he's too young, don't you think? Maybe he said yes because of his fam? Though that's really selfish of him to go to London without informing anybody in advance but it's about his career. He... he is not a jerk. He just did the right thing, I guess. It would've hurted more if they would've been engaged. Atleast he came clean about this, right? I know he's a bit weird but he's not a jerk...", Anabiya completed her rant as the waiter arrived and Ruhina just looked at Anabiya as a smile was plastered on her face.

Anabiya furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Whaattt?", she asked.

"Nothing. I'm just loving it how you're defending Arhaan. And yeah, you're absolutely right. So please think about what you just said and don't go on a guilt trip when you'll meet Sanaya.", Ruhina said and Anabiya let out a deep sigh as she munched on her sandwich.

After finishing her food and drinking her milkshake, Anabiya finally spoke up.

"Ruhina.... I don't know.", she said with tiredness laced in her voice.

"You took fifteen minutes to say this?", Ruhina made a face.

"Dude, Food comes first!", Anabiya exclaimed and earned a few chuckles from another booth.

"Also, that's not it. I mean I thought Arhaan and Sanaya were actually happening. Their families chose them for each other. Also Sanaya knew I have... had feelings for Arhaan and the only thing she wanted from me was to just let go of it because everything was perfect between them.", Anabiya tried explaining and Ruhina rolled her eyes.

"Who told you Arhaan loved her?", Ruhina questioned.

"Uh.... Sanaya.", Anabiya slowly said and Ruhina flicked Anabiya on the forehead.

"Ow ow! You bish! It hurts!", Anabiya cried as she rubbed her forehead.

"You should talk to Arhaan.", Ruhina said, her voice and expressions suddenly turning serious.

Anabiya played with the straw of her drink and shook her head.

"Nope."

"But why, Anabiya? Just because you two were not officially together, doesn't mean the moments you shared were meaningless!", Ruhina was now frustrated.

Anabiya slumped her shoulders... maybe in defeat?

"Look if Arhaan really felt something for me, he would've said it. He wouldn't have agreed to marry Sanaya. Also Omar loves me.... I can't break his heart, can I? Also Sanaya is my bestfriend, just like you. I can't go behind her back and talk to Arhaan about this thing. And what if he doesn't like me back? Then what? It'll just be a big mess, alright? So I don't know. Sanaya Arhaan weren't Meant To Be, so it didn't work out. Similarly, we don't know with whom I'm gonna end up with. But right now, it's Omar. So just end this topic over here. We have a busy day tomorrow as the wedding is in two days amd engagement in three. So hurry up!", Anabiya explained and quickly got up.