Chap. 11. This castle is old

A few days has passed since the big storm. A few of the window were broken which lead to having leaves and beaches in the castle. I tried to forget what Raji and I saw but for some reason I couldn't sleep at night because of it. I was almost paranoid.

It was the middle of the night when I was awoken by a noise. It had almost sound like my bedroom door had opened but when I looked up it was still closed.

I tried to shake the thought out of my mind but I wasn't able to fall back asleep. I decided to go to the kitchen and grab some water.

As I was making my way to the kitchen, I was only thinking about the ghost we had seen and I was scared that it would be there again. So I slowly poped my head around the corner to see the king himself sitting at the table.

"Your highness" I said entering the room and curtsying.

"Ah, y/n what brings you down here so late" he asked putting his book down

(I'm improvising 🤷🏼‍♀️)

"I ugh" should I tell him? I don't want to sound like a fool but maybe he could shed some light on this. "Something woke me up and startled me"

"Oh really. What happened" he asked

I got my water and sat down on the chair next to his. "I thought I heard my bedroom door open so I woke up to see but when I looked it was still closed" I said taking a sip of water "I must have just dreamt it"

"Well this castle is quite old, I wouldn't be surprised if their would be a lot of creaks and cracks in this place" he laughed and took a sip of his tea.

"You said this castle is old. How old in fact?" Maybe I could get to the bottom of this ghost thing. Maybe he would know who she is

"Very old. It was my 5th great great grandfather castle when he first build It. It is more then a century years old" he closed his book and took a last sip of his tea. "It is getting late. You should go back to bed" he got up and started heading towards the door.

I got up as well and followed. Still with the water in my hand, I wanted to know more.

"Your great grandparents must have loved this place very much" I said as we headed up the stairs

"They did, they wanted a place for their family to be born here and die here" he chuckled.

We went silent for a second. We had made it to my room and I opened the door "did anyone ever pass away in this castle?"

"Yes" he said. I'm heart dropped. "Was one of my great great aunts, she got sick and passed away in the kitchen. Sad thing" he shook his head. "Well anyways don't let that get to your mind, goodnight" he said and walked away

"Goodnight your highness" I closed my door and ran to my bed.

His words rang in my ear "she got sick and passed away in the kitchen"

Mystery solved but I was scared out of my mind.

_______________________

Hope y'all enjoyed it.

I really don't know where this is going to turn, might end up being a horror story, might not. Actually probably not Cus I'm scaring myself just writing this :/

Anyway as always

Like
Comment
Follow

Love yeah ghost

Ainsleigh 🥰