Chap. 7. When i as 8

Raji and I headed to the kitchen together. I was following him since I was still unfamiliar with the castle. There was just to many turns.

Once we finally arrived. Raji places an order with the chefs and came back to me and took a seat.

"When I was younger, I use to spend most of my time in the kitchen. I loved it." I smiled thinking about the good times. "There was this one time.~~~

*flashback*

I was 8. Both of my parents were gone away on a trade and I was still to young to go so I was left behind in the aid of the butlers and maids of the castle.

It was hard being an only child. I didn't have anyone to play with or to have those sister/brotherly moments but I managed to get by.

During that period, I use to go down to the kitchen and watch the bakers cook and bake. Other times I'd walk around with the butlers and maids.

Because of them I know how to take care of myself.

Anyways.

On that day. When my parents left. I got the opportunity to actually bond with our castle workers.

I remember leaving goodbye to my parents as my maid held onto my shoulder. I did have tears falling down my face and when they saw it my maids did nothing but hold me and comfort me.

"You want to go bake a cake" one girl said, I shook my head yes and we made our way to the kitchen.

The rest of the day we played around with everything. The maids and butlers put aside all of there work just to comfort me as my parents were gone.

Even some of the guards would let me ride their horses and play princesses and nights.

I could never forget that day.

*end of flashback*

"Wow, you must be pretty close to your maids and butlers." Raji said

"Yeah but most of them passed away or quit. I was really young and they were quite older then me" I said putting my fork down and staring at my plate.

Great y/n I just made the situation depressing. Oh man he probably thinks I'm stupid or something. I can feel him staring at me.

"There you are!" Rona screamed. "I've been looking everywhere for you"

I got pulled from my thoughts and turned around. "Oh you were? I thought we ended the game" I said trying to get myself out of the situation

"No I never said we ended it" she said stomping her foot on the ground.

"Rona that's enough" the king walked in with his arms crossed. "You've been with y/n all week, I think it's time for you to let her do her own things for once." He smiled and winked at me which made me laugh a little "and enough with the whining, you are far to old for that" with that he walked out of the room.

I looked over at Raji who as holding a laugh.

"Ugh" Rona moaned and stopped out of the kitchen.

"I'm kinda glad I don't have siblings" I laughed.

_______________

Like
Comment
Follow

Ains