I stared at him, not really knowing what to say. He looked confused.

I then nodded slowly," We know each other." I mumbled.

He clapped his hands," I knew it. But from where?"

"Just...school." I mumbled, continuing my work. He sighed, tilting his head. If I told him now, would he even believe me?
-
It was the end of the meeting and Leo and I made our way outside. Johnny was supposed to pick me up in his new car, which he was totally in love with. I sighed, rocking back and forth on the balls of my feet as I looked around. Leo looked over at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Are you not leaving yet?" He asked curiously. I shook my head.

"Someone's coming to pick me up." I smiled shyly. He didn't feel the same with his brown hair, which was strange. I looked out towards the fountain nearby. It was really pretty. And i loved the fact it was outside the library.

"I guess I'll wait for them to pick you up." Leo shrugged with a smile, leaning back on the building.

"You really don't have to..." I mumbled.

"No. It's fine. I want a smoke anyway." Leo said, pulling out a carton of cigarettes. I bit my tongue to stop myself from saying anything.

"You don't mind right?" Leo asked, cigarette already in his hand and the lighter. I bit my tongue and shook my head slowly. He put the cigarette to his mouth and he lit it, blowing smoke into the air in front of him with a sigh. He looked so in his zone and calm.

I really couldn't take the smell of smoke anymore. I gripped hard on my books, trying not to take it from him. It hurt me so much that he was damaging himself and he didn't even know he was in danger. Amanda didn't even know. So shouldn't I be the one to help him?

I sighed, taking the cigarette from his mouth and his lighter from his pocket before walking across the street towards the fountain.

"What the hell..." Leo followed after me. I quickly stepped on the bud, and hung the lighter in front of the water.

"If you didn't like it then you should've said so." Leo said, trying to get it back. I waved it further in back of me.

"I have. A bunch of times in the past." I said angrily.

"Why are you so angry? How was I supposed to know you hated it that much?" Leo asked, frustrated. I raised my eyebrows.

"I've told you so many times Leo!" I said, feeling more frustrated than him. It was so frustrating that he liked Amanda. It was so freaking frustrating that I had to watch them together. I just wanted to rant to him. If only.

"What the heck. You've never told me shit." Leo said angry also, probably for a different reason," Give it back."
He reached over me, his chest grazing my arm. I moved away further. I just wanted him to listen to me again. Just listen Leo!

Suddenly I tripped over a rock behind me, resulting to me falling sideways.

"Marlie!" He said, grabbing onto me, but falling into the fountain also. We landed in the fountain, our clothes soaked. He laid down next to me, looking down at his clothes seriously.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." I tried not to laugh at the fact that he shirt was white and I could obviously see through.

"Oh you think this is funny?" Leo raised his eyebrows seriously. I bit my lip, trying to keep a straight face.

He moved his hand, splashing water in my face. Ew.

He then started laughing at my expression. Okay DiCaprio, if you want to play then I'll play.

I splashed water on face. I laughed at him, mimicking him before.
"Okay that's it!" Leo said, starting to stand up.

"Oh no." I mumbled while laughing, and standing up also. I laughed as he chased me, splashing water behind me and I splashed some back. Leo suddenly slipped backwards, falling on his butt. I laughed hard, before walking over towards him.

"You okay?" I asked, even though this was too funny. He looked at me with a '-_-' face, before shaking his head.

"I think I hurt something." He mumbled, in pain. I raised my eyebrows, getting serious.

"Really? Where-"  He grabbed me from behind, picking me up and I gasped.

"S-stop!" I laughed, but he didn't listen instead he laid me down in the water. I stood up slowly, as Leo ran away. I ran over to him, jumping on his back, almost knocking him over as he laughed.

"You liar!" I squealed, clinging onto him.

"I didn't lie. I really did hurt something. My finger got hurt while falling down." He laughed, holding up his finger, where a little cut showed.
"Oh wow. Such a crybaby." I mumbled.

Leo gasped," What? I'll drop you!" Leo threatened. I giggled.

Suddenly we both heard someone clear their throat, making us freeze. We looked towards the noise. It was Amanda, looking angry and her foot tapping as she looked at Leo and I.
"Amanda..." Leo said, putting me down. I awkwardly stood there, not really knowing what to say. She huffed a big breath, before stomping away. Leo sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Sorry." He apologized towards me, before running on after her.

And just like that, I was reminded that I wasn't his first choice anymore. Not even close.
-
"What do you mean?" I asked him cluelessly. The school artist, Eugene, was standing in front of me, asking to go on a date.

"I've been eyeing you for a while now. And now since you aren't with Leo..." he nudged me slightly. I raised an eyebrow.

"Pass." I mumbled, turning to walk away.

He grabbed onto my arm, making me look back threateningly," Ooo, you're cute when you're feisty." He smirked.

"Your point?" I pulled my arm away.

"Just date me. Okay? Make Leo jealous. I don't care. Just give me a chance." He eyed me carefully. Eugene wasn't bad looking at all, some even say more handsome than Leo. But I didn't care. I liked Leo and that was that.

I opened my mouth to say more when suddenly Leo appeared making Eugene's head look towards him.

"Leo!" Eugene grabbed Leo's arm. Leo looked over at him questionably.

"You don't mind if I go on a date with Marlie. Do you?" Eugene smiled. Leo looked at Eugene towards me. Please don't say no...
Leo shrugged," Do Whatever you want."

I gritted my teeth. Seriously, after everything...

"Thanks bro you're the best." Eugene smiled, letting Leo go. Leo hesitated when leaving, but left anyway. I felt mad. Leo really doesn't have feelings for me at all anymore? I've had enough.

"So then that's a plan, tonight at eigh-" I didn't listen to Eugene as I walked past him, going after Leo. Once I appeared him I flicked him on the head, making him turn towards me.

"Ow! What the heck?" He looked over at me, surprised to see my face.

"'Do whatever you want?' Really?" I repeated what he said earlier. He put his book down on the desk and looked over at me.

"Why should I care who you go out with?" He eyed me carefully.

"You really don't care? Not at all?" I asked, clearly frustrated. I was trying to tell him something! He needed to remember.

He shook his head, before shrugging.

"Fine. I'm going to date him then."

"Great."

"Good."

"Fine."

"Fine!" I said, before walking over to my seat and sitting down with my arms crossed. Were Leo's feelings strong enough to begin with?