Percabeth: Misunderstandings

To my bestie, Percabeth_15_ this be for you. (And all the other Percabeth shippers out there).

Excuse any mistakes, this is roughly edited so there are probably some flaws.

Oh well, read on I guess...

*********************************

Percy paces back and forth across the beach at camp
half-blood. His mind is racing with thoughts of one person.

Annabeth.

The girl had been annoyed with Percy for the past week, and he couldn’t figure out why. Everything had been fine! He had even gotten to kiss her, twice. That was more than the boy had hoped for.

But two weeks later, and Annabeth wasn’t talking to him. Percy walks to the water's edge, taking a seat in the damp sand.

“What am I gonna do?” Percy asks, more to himself than
anyone else.

“Well I don’t know son, what are you gonna do?” Percy jumps to his feet, heart racing. Where the beach had been empty a few moments before, Poseidon himself now sat. He had his usual bermuda shorts on and a fishing hat, sitting in the sand next to where Percy had been.

“D-Dad?”

“No, it’s your buddy Paul. Of course it’s me.”

“What are you doing here?” Percy asks, sitting in the sand next to his father.

“How is Paul? And your mother? Is she happy?” Percy tries to hide his smile. His father clearly cares for his mother, and the love in his eyes is still there.

“Yeah. She’s happy I guess. She misses you.” A light seems to
come to the god’s eyes, knowing that she might miss him as much as he misses her. “So back to my question, what are you doing here?”

“Well I heard about Annabeth. Congratulations by the way.”

“Why are you congratulating me?” Percy asks, lightly writing Annabeth’s name in the sand. “She won’t talk to me.”

“Well do you know why?”

“No. I talked to the others in the Athena cabin, and no one
would tell me anything. And everytime I get near Annabeth she just walks away.”

“Well let’s think, have you done anything stupid in the past few days?”

“I don’t think so.”

“I find that hard to believe.”

“DAD!”

“Well you’re my son. You’re bound to do stupid things from time to time.” Percy just laughs and clears Annabeth’s name from the sand before writing something else.

“What’s Percabeth?” Poseidon asks, following his son’s writing.

“Some name the girls in Aphrodite came up with. Percy and Annabeth is Percabeth.”

“You really care for this girl, don’t you?” Poseidon asks.

“I think… I think I might love her. Does that sound dumb?”

“Not at all. But I think you should probably tell her. Then ask her what’s wrong.”

“How? She won’t listen.”

“Make her listen. I have to go, but I’ll see you soon.”

“Okay. See you later.” With that, Poseidon disappears into the ocean.

He’ll be back. Percy thinks to himself. He stands to his feet and begins the walk toward the Athena cabin, hoping that she might give him a chance. When he gets there he sees the girl sitting on the steps polishing her sword.

“H-Hey Annabeth.” Percy says as he steps closer.

“What do you want?”

“Can I sit?” Percy asks, motioning to a seat on the steps next to her.

“I can’t stop you. But I’m leaving.” She stands to her feet and begins marching in the opposite direction, sword in hand.

“Annabeth! Wait a minute!!" Percy jogs to catch up with her and tries to match her pace. “I know you’re mad, but-”

In a split second he’s met with a sword to his throat, a little to
close for comfort.

“You’re not kidding.” She spits out at him.

“But I don’t even know what I did wrong!” Percy says, lifting
his hands in surrender.

“Y-You just left it.” She replies, lowering the blade.

“What do you mean ‘left it’?” Percy takes a step closer before gently placing his hands on her shoulders.

“After we kissed that night. The next day it was like nothing had changed. You didn’t even act like you-”

“Like what?” Percy interrupts. “I didn’t act like I was in love with you? You know why?” Annabeth just looks up at him, the rage in her eyes replaced with sadness.

“Because you aren’t in love with me.” She says, trying her
best to mask the disappointment with an ‘I don’t care’ attitude. “But that’s fine-”

“No, Annabeth! Would you shut up for a minute!” The girl looks at him in shock. The last thing she was expecting was for Percy Jackson to raise his voice. She instantly stops talking and looks to the boy.

“Annabeth, I didn’t act any different because I’ve loved you since my first day here. I didn’t know it, but I did. And I didn’t tell you when I should’ve, and it hurt you. But you were so caught up on Luke and then there was Rachel. But It’s been you. The entire time, it was you. I love you.”

“C-Can you say that again?” Annabeth says quietly, her sword clattering to the ground.

“I said,” Percy pushes her blonde hair away from her face, giving him a clear view of her beautiful blue eyes. “I love you Annabeth.”

“I love you too Percy Jackson.” Annabeth says, tears threatening to spill. Percy takes the opportunity to pull her into their third kiss, trying to pour every emotion into it. Trying his best to show how he felt.

When they pull away from each other, he can see the tears of happiness and relief in her eyes.

“Is the great and powerful Annabeth crying?” Percy asks sarcastically. “I didn’t think she felt emotions.”

Annabeth blinks the tears away and leans into Percy’s embrace.

“It’s all your fault Seaweed brain. You made me feel things.” She says with a laugh.

“Well feelings aren’t all that bad.” Percy says. “Does this mean I’m forgiven?” She steps away and picks her sword up off the ground.

“I suppose so. But you tell anyone I cried, and it’ll be worse than the silent treatment.”

“Okay. Well let’s go.” Percy says, taking her hand and pulling her back toward the beach.

“Wait, where are we going?” She asks.

“Well I want my dad to meet my girlfriend. He doesn’t know much about you, and I’m sure he’d want to know the girl I love…” Percy doesn’t miss the rare blush that spreads across the girls face.

He wraps his arm around her shoulder as they walk to the beach, a comfortable silence falling between them. Things were perfect, and both were happier than they’d been in a long time..

______________________________

Okay that was completely random but there it is. That's what my brain came up with. Just some Percabeth for ya. Hope this was okay and I'll update soon.

Goodbye my lovelies,

Alexis