Chapter 5

"What did you experience?" I asked Anitha.

She didn't answer my question for a while. She closed her eyes and attempted to relive those moments from her memory.

"Magic" she murmured.

"I'm not a magician."

She ignored me and continued, "It was all magical. All my stress was relaxed. I didn't want to think any thoughts. I wasn't worried about my future. I didn't care about any person. But I can't describe the state itself."

"That is possibly the best description I have heard so far."

"How did you do that?"

I didn't answer her.

"Why did it disappear?"

"I told you, it's only a demo."

"How can I get it permanently?"

"It will take years."

She sighed.

She asked again. "How did you do that?"

I didn't answer her.

She looked at me thoughtfully for a while.

"Who are you?"

"Your uncle. Priya's father," I smiled at her.

"No, what I am..."

"Do you know what you experienced?" I intervened.

"No, but something great. Something I need badly. Something that is likely to solve my problems. Yes, I'm sure. But I haven't experienced it before. So, I don't know what it is."

"You."

"Hmm? oh yes, it was I who experienced it."

"You experienced You."

"Sorry?"

"Who are You?"

"Your niece. My dad's daughter," She smiled at me.

"Is it not?" I smiled back.

"Don't play with me, uncle. I'm serious. What is that?"

"That's what I am telling you. It is not that but You."

"I am not coming to this game. I won't talk to you if you play with me."

She turned square to show her back to me.

Now I was confident. This kid would never go back to depression.

"Okay, okay. I won't play with you. Turn to me." I didn't play with her, in the first place.

She turned.

"Okay, let me explain it in this way. Did you see the movie The Matrix?"

"Many times."

"Remember the spoon boy quote?"

"Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the Truth. There is no spoon," came the reply in an uninterrupted flow.

"Fine. Let me interpret it this way. As long as you are in the same plane where the spoon exists, you can't bend the spoon. But if you move to a higher plane, you can bend the spoon by mere observation."

"But I don't want to bend my spoons." She surprised me with her serious innocent look for a second. And then she tilted her neck fifteen degrees to her left and smiled beautifully. Her characteristic charming smile. How many hours I had to wait to see this spectacular treasure smile of my princess! My heart began to melt and started to take over my body gradually and pump tears to my eyes. With great effort I froze my heart back and pumped my tears back into my eyes.

"Of course, you don't, " I managed to smile back with moist eyes. One day I'm going to be got caught by this kid red-handed with tears overflowing my eyes down to the chin.

"Sorry, uncle, I'm interrupting your flow," she returned to her seriousness.

I hated having to come back to the logic of my mind.

"So, you want to control the malice of your heart. If you try to control it from your mind, you'll fail miserably. You'll be haunted by what Karthik did. Those memories will ensure that you give up." I paused to ensure her understanding.

"Agreed."

I continued, "But if you move into observation mode switching from controlling mode, your malice will subside on its own. It happens in spite of your memories."

"From where I observe? In the mind?"

"If you are in the mind, you can only try to control."

"So?"

"You should be in You." I smiled.

"Oh no, uncle...not again." She also smiled shaking her head.

We got up. We descended the steps to reach the lower shrine at the base. After we worshiped Sree Devi, we left for Neyveli.

When we reached our home, my wife had already come from Anitha's home. After dinner, Anitha went to Priya's room for sleeping. Priya is working in Chennai. Anitha will use her room whenever she comes to our home.

I was busy attending my pending office work in the living room when Geetha whispered to me, "We know why Anitha left Karthik."