Hide and Seek... with Boos!

Start from the beginning

Walking over to the table, E. Gadd began to search through the piles of clutter. "Common theory holds that Boos grow in strength when they travel in numbers. They must have somehow combined their powers to..." He trailed off slightly as a grim look found it's way onto his face.

"Oh, stars. They probably overwhelmed Mario." You groaned. 

"If your aim is to save Mario, there's but one way to do it: cap-"

"-ture each boo and start to weaken the group's power. Sounds easy enough, right?" Maria finished for him. Glaring at Maria, E. Gadd added, "Of course, as their names imply,  Boos like to scare people by hiding, then later jumping out."

"They hide when it's light, making them hard to find. Which means we need something to find them." 

"Lucky for us, the Gameboy Horror has a secret function just for this sort of situation. Allow me..." E. Gadd took the Gameboy horror from Luigi and put it on the table, where he had laid out a couple of tools. "I just have to activate it. This may take a small while, so feel free to rest up for a bit." He noted before getting to work. Glancing at Luigi, you shrugged your shoulders before turning and walking out of the lab, allowing E. Gadd to work in peace. 

"Stars, I need a shower." You grumbled as you put down your Poltergust in the Lab. "Bathroom's down the hall, third on the left," Maria grumbled, dropping her Poltergust and trudging to a nearby room.

Luigi's POV

I watched (Y/n) steam for a bit at Maria before she turned on her heels and trudged over to the bathroom. I could hear her slam the door as I walked into the room Maria had entered. 

It was a bit of a living room, with a TV on the wall and a long, worn brown couch. A nice mosaic carpet stretched around the floor, just barely covering the dirt ground underneath.  A small table with two seats stood in the corner, a bowl of false fruit right in the center. 

Maria was sprawled over the couch, the TV remote in her hand. The screen flickered from channel to channel,  each only getting three seconds to show what was playing before being changed. I quietly sat on the other end of the couch, simply watching whatever came up.

After a few more flickers, Maria settled for Mushroom Network and turned to look at me. "You and (Y/n) are close, huh?"

"W-well, yea... She's my best friend." I replied Maria raised an eyebrow. "Just a friend? You sure there's nothing else stirring there?"

My face heated up as I quickly looked at the carpet. "I-It's not like that!" Maria gave me an evil smirk before throwing herself back to her feet and walking out of the room. Groaning, I hid my face in my hands. 

I don't like (Y/n), I LOVE her. She's always been there for me, even when we only first met. But that was years ago, and she still hasn't left me in the dust like so many others have.  

She doesn't mind my clumsiness, or even my clingy-ness. She helps me when I'm down and thinks of the Mario Bros, rather than just Mario, as so many people people do.

I'd do absolutely anything for her...

Suddenly, I jumped as a first aid kit was dropped on my lap. 

Narrator's Pov

Luigi looked up at Maria as she flopped down back onto the couch. You have some cuts on your arms from fighting the ghost guys. Mind if I check it real quick?" She asked as she grabbed the box and popped it open.

Nodding, Luigi pulled out his arm from it's sleeve. Sure enough, various cuts were scattered around it, ranging from small scratches to small cuts. 

"Hmp. Nothing serious, but we might as well try and disinfect the big ones. " Maria mumbled as she pulled out a cotton ball.

For the next few minutes, Maria disinfected and treated some of the cuts, Luigi wincing every time she rubbed in the alcohol. Once she finished,Maria cleaned up the supplies. The two of them watch TV for a bit, until you eventually entered the room. 

"You alright, Luigi?" You asked as you plotted yourself down in between them. Luigi nodded at her with a sweet smile. "Maria was kind enough to clean-a up my wounds." Looking over at her, you raised a brow. 

"Hey, Im mean, but no one should have a bunch of cuts that can get infected on 'em. Sue me."

"Twenty five gold coins for treating Luigi without my knowledge, please and thank you."

"Oh, find them up your-"

"Ahem."

You all turned and looked over at E. Gadd, who had entered mid-sentence. "Got it done, Pops?" Maria asked as she raised from the couch. "Yes, but if I may speak to Luigi and (Y/n) first, you can go up to make sure it's all clear."

Nodding, Maria left for the mansion as E Gadd hand Luigi the now improved Game Horror. "The game horror is very simple, anytime a boo shape object is near, tthe small light at the top will activate and make a beeping noise. The faster it beeps, the closer the thing is. Boos like to hide, so you'll have to scope them out. "

Sounds simple enough. You and Luigi grabbed your poltergusts and headed out, ready to tske on some of the most visious enemies known to man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pffft this crap and I know it. Just a bit of filler while I play how I want this to go.