A Husband and his Wife

Dunno why, but I decided to make the ghosts a bit more... "alive".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Take that!" You yelled as you sucked up one of the Golden ghosts in the Wardrobe Room. 

After Maria had inspired Luigi to go back into the mansion, he ended up waiting for you in the parlor. After all, you still had the key to the next room. 

"Feeling better?" You asked, a smile spreading over your face as you watched your green best friend. He had been dealing with the Garbage Can ghost that had been making capturing the Golden Ghosts much more difficult than it had to be. After he finally managed to suck it up, the ghost giving a cry as it entered the Poltergust, he turned and gave you one of his adorably goofy smiles. 

"Sure am- ack!" He cried as he accidentally slipped on one of the banana peels on his way to give you a hug. "Woah, you ok!?" You cried as you picked him up. "I'm... fine." He stumbled, dazed.

Giggling to yourself, you help him steady himself. Looking around the dark room, you were surprised the lights haven't come back on. "That's strange."

Suddenly, a tune started coming from Luigi's Gameboy Horror. Answering it, the two of you noticed Maria's face on the little screen, yet she wasn't looking at the camera, instead looking off-screen. "I told you, grandpa, he had his chance at the Gate of Stars!"

Off-screen, you could hear E. Gadd cry, "But he's perfect for Meldrina! Reich left her for dead!"

Shaking her head, Maria looked at the camera. "Hey, just letting you know something: Every now and then you'll find a blue ghost that looks like a Golden Ghost. They're called Speedy Spirits and they only show up in dark rooms. Very rare,  very special. There's one hiding in that room. Try to catch it," She then looked back off-screen before yelling, "I swear old man, if you really think that Pedro can get with her, you're getting slow in your age!" The screen then flickered black. 

Looking at each other, you and Luigi simply shrugged. 

"What do you think they were arguing about?" Luigi couldn't help but ask as he searched around the room for any hiding places. "Probably that new soap opera the recently came- OH GEZ!" You yelled. You had been searching the wardrobes in the room when a blue ghost jumped out at you, screaming and causing you to land on your bum. Working quickly on his feet, Luigi flashed the ghost and began sucking it up. It was quick, and by the time he had it bagged, a large amount of treasure had sprouted from his vacuum's mouth. 

After collecting all of it and once again getting jumpscared by a golden ghost hidden in a different wardrobe, the lights finally light up, revealing a key on a nearby shelf. Grabbing it, Luigi tossed it in his hands for a few seconds before putting it away. 

"Well, we got a key. Where do you think it goes?" You asked as you headed back to the Foyer, Luigi right next to you. "I... really don't a-know." He commented as the two of you stood at the top of the stairs. "Eeny, meeny, miny... moe!" You guessed as you pointed at the two other doors on the second floor. "Right it is!" You stated as Luigi tried to fit the key to the door. 

"Doesn't work." He noted.

"Left it is!" You declared quickly, pointing at the other door. Luigi walked over to the next door, shaking his head lightly at your cute antics.

Wait, cute?

Luigi suddenly stopped, face pink at the thought and quickly shook his head. No, no he didn't feel that way about you...

...did he?

"WEEGEE!" He was quickly shaken out of his thoughts as he finally heard both you calling him and his GameBoy Horror ringing again.