FTNCT |Chapter 2|

Beginne am Anfang

"I will be having a Halloween Party on October 31st" she started off, "Only exclusive important people will be invited. The invitations will be put in your locker if you're lucky enough to get them"

Sasha and Natasha snickered and looked at the not so popular people. I felt my blood began to boil.

In and out I repeated to myself over and over again.

With that the bugs left the cafeteria and you could hear theire high heels in the hallways. Everyone in the cafeteria started talking about the Halloween Party.

"What did she have to say" said a voice. I turned around to and see Scarlett sit down on the table.

"Just about her Halloween Party On October 31st" said Sophia in high pitched voice. I snorted and I felt that my juice was about to come up. I looked around to see everyone was laughing.

"Nobody really gives a damn about them." said Maya.

"They just really want to become popular which is why they pretend to care so much." said Katie.

I nodded my head. That was all true. Honestly, the only reason the bugs were popular was because the whole school let them be. If we had not given them a second glance I'm pretty sure they would be sitting alone at a table.

"So guys, let's get out of this glum mood and go play soccer. It has been like what? Three years since you last played, Ally?" Scarlett.

"Yes. I gave up for good, after grade eight."

"Just because you got injured once doesn't mean you have to give up for good."

Ouch.

She had hit a soft spot. After playing on an extremely rainy day I had slipped and had injured not only my leg but my pride as well. I had failed my team; let them down when they had needed me, resulting in us losing the semi-final game and being kicked out of the tournament.

"I have a perfectly valid reason as to why I stopped." My face was becoming red with an angry blush.

"It's not valid, it's stupid!" Scarlett almost yelled. She turned to Sophia. "Don't you agree Soph? She used to be one of the best defense players until she gave up. Just because of one little thing, she let it get in her way."

"Scarlett calm down!" Soph cried. Everything felt weird. It was as though we had all switched bodies. None of us was acting like ourselves. She faced me. "It's about time you got over it, Ally. Nobody will remember. That's all I'm saying."

"You weren't in my position." I muttered. Glancing at the pizza I didn't feel so hungry anymore.

"Does it matter? Most of the guys playing won't even remember. They didn't go to the same middle school as us. It was true. Dillon and Nick had came in our school freshmen year. They had attended another middle school along with half the students.

I sighed. "I'm in." Knowing Scarlett wouldn't drop the subject. She would have dragged me either way.

Scarlett pumped her fist in the air, "That's great Ally! Are you coming Sophia?"

"I'm sorry guys, but I have to finish up a math assignment." She responded.

Scarlett and I both gave her a weird glance.

"You're never behind in homework!" I said in a bewildered voice.

"Mind telling us the real reason?" Scarlett said while she raised her eyebrows.

Sophia sighed. "You girls caught me, Miss Lena asked me to help her mark the quizzes from the morning.

Scarlett gave her a salute and said in a mocking voice, "Say no more Professor Hansen, have fun marking the quizzes and remember to give me a smiley face beside my 100%."