Ordinary After All: Episode Two

"Let's go."

John and Hugo make sure that no one is looking. With Principal Marlé checking his watch, John and Hugo quickly slip out the door.

About a minute later...

Vice Principal Simon uses Sense, his ability, and smirks. He whispers to Marlé.

"Someone's missing."

He uses Sense again.

"Make that two people."

After the assembly, Marlé strolls into the office, a grim look on his face

"Lila, bring me my laptop, will ya?  I need to see where John Doe and Hugo Hansen are for their homeroom.  We need to make sure they haven't run off anywhere."

"Comin' right up!  Here ya go," Lila says as she hands the laptop to Marlé.

As Marlé scans the list of students and their homerooms, he nearly passes the boys' homeroom.  As he scrolls back up, a smile lights up his face.

"Something funny?" Simon asks.

"Ha ha...

hilarious."

About a minute later...

"110...111...112, here it is."

Marlé tries to smile, sighs, and opens the door.

"Hi Mrs. Bedivier! Hello everyone!"

"Oh, Principal Marlé! It's a pleasure. Do you need anything?"

"Ah, I'm just checking in on the new freshmen, saying hi. Have a good first day everyone!"  He exclaims as he spots John and Hugo in the back, talking.

"See you around, everyone!" Marlé shouts, then leaves.

10 minutes earlier...

"Alright. We're out. What now?" Hugo asks.

"I need water. Do you know where the nearest fountain is?" John desperately whispers.

"No, can't say that I do. We'll just look for one. We have to be extra careful because if I flicker, then you flicker. Ability replication can't fix that, can it?"

"No."

"Well, then play it safe. Let's go."

As they turn the corner, they find two teachers standing in the hallway having a little chat with coffee in their hands.  John falls into a slight panic, but Hugo keeps his cool.

"Sh*t, what do we do when it flickers?" John hisses.

"I don't know. This hallway is a dead end. And besides, there isn't a water fountain. Let's search the hallways, but make sure we find the water fountain before the teachers find us.  We can backtrack to find a hallway with your lord and savior Posiden."

"Shut up, I'm legitimately parched."

Careful not to make any false moves, the boys backtrack three corridors down to Corridor D.  As they move on, something catches Hugo's eye.

"There's your fountain," Hugo says as he taps John's shoulder. "Careful now."

John tiptoes until he comes within arms length of the fountain.  Just as he is about to use it, a teacher comes out of the neighboring room, heading for the water fountain.

Seriously? NOW?!

John patiently waits for the teacher to finish his drink and slowly creeps closer to the water fountain as he does.  As soon as the teacher looks up, Johns invisibility flickers, revealing a shocked look on his face as he flickers back to invisible.

"HEY!!" the teacher screamed.

The boys make a run for it, and the teacher follows the sound of tapping feet. They continue running until John's face lights up.

"Hugo, run back super silently. We can fake him out."
"Alright. 3, 2, 1, GO!"

They skid to a stop, then start speed walking back towards Corridor D. The teacher stands and pants for a bit, then walks back to his room, defeated.

"Little rebels..." the teacher mumbles as he shuts the door.

"OH MY GOD YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR WATER...!" John snaps.

John takes a huge guzzle from the water fountain. Hugo's invisibility flickers, making him flinch, but he soon realizes the coast is clear.  As John finishes up, he stops.

"What's that noise?" John asks.

"What noise?" Hugo replied.

"Shhh..."

As they pause, they hear muffled clapping coming from far off.

"The presentation just finished. We should head to homeroom. Do you have your slip from what they gave you at the front?" Hugo asked.

"Yeah," John says as he fishes a little slip from his pocket.

"Mine is Room 112. You?"

"Same here. Let's go."

Once they get to homeroom, they realize that no one is inside.

"They must still be in the auditorium. Let's go around the corner and peek every so often so it's not too suspicious." Hugo says as he walks to the end of the hallway.

They wait for a few minutes, getting tired and bored, but eventually the teacher and 4 other students show up and walk in.

"Okay, we're good," Hugo confirms.

They walk in, nonchalantly, and no one says anything. John and Hugo sit down at their assigned seats.

We can't avoid that secretary's grasp for long. If the Principal catches us, then...well, even I don't know," John says as he shudders.

The door opens a crack, and pair of eyes peek in.  Then, the door opens all the way, and in the doorway stands Principal Marlé.

"Hi Mrs. Bedivier! Hello everyone!" Marlé exclaims.

"Oh, Principal Marlé! It's a pleasure. Do you need anything?" Mrs. Bedivier asks.

"Ah, I'm just checking in on the new freshmen, saying hi. Have a good first day everyone!" He explains as he spots John and Hugo in the back, talking.

"See you around, everyone!" Marlé shouts, then leaves, confused and furious.

Later...

"Please excuse the interruption, John Doe and Hugo Hansen please come to the office, John Doe and Hugo Hansen to the office, thank you."

Ordinary After All
Episode Two
End
Story by GlyterFreeze

Bonus:

Name: Chelsey Bedivier
Ability: Psionic Blast (channeling psychic energy into a minor explosion)
Level:3.3