Chapter 7: Moment of Truth

Rakurai desu.

Disclaimer:

I wish I own Sailor Moon.

This chapter's picture is from httpwww.chelseatoronto.comenhotel

This story is based on bravd's Christmas story: Facing Love from FanFiction.net. The original idea is theirs but I've re-written it into my own plot.

************* 

The girls couldn't believe what they were witnessing.

Their eyes widened in horror at the scene playing out before them: Haruka, lying on the marble floor inside the water chapel, with that girl on top—she didn't even appear to be in any hurry to push that girl away either. Haruka looked so incredibly comfortable with her hands resting on that brunette's hips.

Rei's expression was indescribable. A frown was sewn to her forehead and her lips drawn into a straight, thin line, on which Minako couldn't decide whether she was angry or baffled. It could very well be both.

Makoto, on the contrary, quickly changed to seething. Her fists were clenched, her eyes hardened, and her expression mirrored Rei's.

Ami was the complete opposite of Makoto. The blue-haired genius' expression was sombre as her brows creased, suggesting she wasn't pleased with this discovery.

The only one who didn't express even an ounce of emotion was Michiru. The young idol tried hard to gauge the woman's expression, but to no avail. Her visage was unreadable, save only for a glassy veil in her cerulean eyes.

Minako didn't understand. How could Michiru be so... unaffected by the scene playing out before her? Even Minako had reached her limit. She gave Haruka a chance for old time sakes—for a time Haruka had proved she could actually be a true friend—but this was pushing it too far. She felt betrayed, even though Haruka was just her friend. How could Michiru, Haruka's soul mate, handle this development? The violinist was as apathetic as she had always been, which made Minako feel an ambivalent mix of sympathy and bemusement for her.

Not like she could judge the woman; even Minako herself couldn't place exactly how she was feeling. Minako only knew Haruka had wasted the one chance she gave her.

Makoto's sudden movement interrupted her thoughts. The tall brunette stomped her way towards Haruka, but Michiru was swift as she moved in front of her, obstructing the girl from advancing any further. The florist's eyes widened at Michiru's behaviour, though she didn't seem surprised to see the violinist acting this way.

"Michiru-san, can't you see what she's doing?" Makoto asked, her voice quivering with irritation.

"I do see it," Michiru affirmed matter-of-factly, yet she made no effort to move.

"Then why? Why are you still protecting her?" Ami dejectedly entreated.

"I'm not protecting anyone." Michiru flicked her glazed eyes to Ami. "I'm trying to point out you're all being hasty."

"Michiru-san," Rei stressed. She stepped towards her, reaching her hand out to try and convince Michiru. The violinist shook her head.

"Just observe. If Haruka is truly gone, you'll know," Michiru advised. Her expression was indifferent, but there was an unmistakable spark of determination in her eyes.

The Senshi appeared to be at a loss. They shared irresolute and anxious glances between themselves until their eyes landed on Minako.

"What do you think, Minako-chan?" Ami asked.