Stopping A War Or Starting One

Start from the beginning

"You're right. It's a political sacrifice, but a necessary one if you want your people to survive." Echo supported her going.

"Call off the patrols." Octavia ordered making Cooper want to protest. "That's an order. But once you're on that ship, you're on your own. If you're discovered or you fail to take down the eye, no one is coming to save you."

Echo had been preparing for her departure. Monty had attached the bracelet to her wrist the jewel carrying the jump drive. She wondered if maybe Nia would make an appearance to say her farewells.

She looked over to Bellamy who had been quiet since they had gotten back. She knew he was against the plan with her doing it but it's what they needed to do. Her mind worried about the promise she had made to Nia to be there for him but it had to be done.

"I got this." She reassured not knowing if it was for his sake or hers.

"Yeah, I know. So once the Eye's down, it'll take at least six days for Octavia and her army to get there, but, you know, we'll be in the Rover and we can get there-" Bellamy rambled off not believing how everything had gone. With Nia with Octavia and Raven with Diyoza, he had leant on Echo for support but now she was leaving too.

"We met each other in a cage. Whatever happens, I know we'll meet each other again." Echo comforted before speaking not knowing what effects it might have. "I know you might not want to, or feel like you can't, but trust Nia. After all that has happened you've both done what is in the best interest for the other. It has always been your mindset."

Her words made him wonder what she meant. The thought of what they had both done in the past crossed his mind. The panther, helping Lincoln, turning in Finn, going into Mount Weather, going against Lexa, getting a cease fire, even the massacre of the grounder army. Every one of those actions had some effect toward the other person.

It was long after that the sound of the ship was heard. She gave him a last smile before heading toward the meet point.

She didn't get far before someone grabbed her arm. Nia stood there under a hooded cloak blending in with the shadows.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't give up more lives to save my own." Echo apologized knowing that she had ruined the offer that Nia might've taken a lot for Octavia to agree to.

"You were never meant to. There's always another way." Nia said making her curious at the meaning. Nia knew that another agenda was kept from the others that only Octavia and Cooper knew about. The offer had not come at a better time. It took all their attention allowing her to wonder the bunker in search of answers. "There is something else in play here, I don't know what but I need you to be careful."

"The good warrior." Echo remarked at the progress Nia was making.

"We're stuck with the roles we play, right?" His humored before the two embraced one another. "I'll see you, my friend."

They parted and Echo hurried to go with the rest of the defectors. Shots filled the air and she hurried over and watched as defectors were shot. Her eyes located Echo who had made it safely onto the ship but was holding another defector.

Inside the bunker, Madi had gone to Octavia and informed her that she had real nightblood. Octavia had done nothing to harm her but simply embraced her into Wonkru thinking she held all the cards against her. But little did she know was the other nightbloods in the bunker. Nia rocked Atlas in her arms not knowing what was currently happening in the Rotunda.

Bellamy had found Nia the next morning. The words Echo told him played like a loop in his head.

"Nia. Nia." He called out to her once he found her but she didn't slow down.