~ Author's Notes ~ (**With Fun Free Game Included Inside!)

Greetings and Salutations,

So let me start off by thanking you in advance for taking the time to check out "The Snake Eater's Daughter". I seriously appreciate the time and effort it takes to start reading a strange new story. Oh, and it's totally cool of you to vote, share and make as many comments as you want, the more the merrier ...but please don't feel obligated one way or the other.

This particular story started out as an Open Novella Contest entry, which ultimately ended up making the ONC 2019 Long List. But like a lot of strange creations, it somehow took on a life of its own. (Frankenstein's monster comes to mind?)

As usual, I like to give readers a little heads-up of what you getting into before you just jump into a story. This particular twisted tale centers around a fifteen-year-old girl named Desdemona Hunter, the war orphaned daughter of a fallen former Green Beret. Who is in the midst of dealing with life, death, violence, depression, therapy, non-traditional family dynamics, and of course ...the horror that is high school. 

As you might note from the heads-up this story is the proverbial epitome of a "Trigger Alert" for a myriad of reasons. As such, please be forewarned that this story has some sensitive subject matter that may not be suitable for certain readers, which will soon become readily apparent.

The pervasive language can at times be base, coarse, crude, rude, profane, sexist, and some times sexual. But the language is not designed to offend, inspire or alienate, but rather to give a particular tone of voice to the very strange and peculiar martial mindset that is a Snake Eater's Daughter. So I cannot stress this enough: If you moderately to easily offended by children cursing up a storm as they deal with serious life issues ...then this book might not be for you?

Warning: This book may contain some strong language (which might be unsuitable for children), unusual high school humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and unprofessional psychological advice (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors)

Warning: This book may contain some strong language (which might be unsuitable for children), unusual high school humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and unprofessional psychological advice (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors). So consider yourself cautioned to exercise some care against letting children under the influence read or think unattended.

TV-14 - The following work may contain some material that some parental units could possibly find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age, and/or people born before the Viet Nam War.

D - Suggestive dialogue (Most defiantly)

L - Coarse language (Oh yeah, including but not limited to A, B, D, F, H, S and as always... the Z word.)

S - Sexual content (Some but not until way later in the story, and kind of fade to black really?)

V - Some semi-psychopathic insanity and definitely some violence. (So yes, but hopefully nothing too trigger warning worthy.)

So with that being said, if you dare to venture past this dire warning, I sincerely hope you enjoy reading The Snake Eater's Daughter as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I also hope you take something away from this book, other than a few new curse words and ancient Irish art of flyting with your friends. Also, if you are not familiar with my work, you should know that I will absolutely invent words from time to time, as I feel the need for them.

Also please let me apologize in advance, for any spelling errors, grammatical errors and/or any unintentional incongruities. Please feel free to point any suck occurrences out in the comments, messages or by smoke signals. And I will thank you for your kind assistance in helping me make this a better story than it started out as. With that being said, the following is a work in progress that will probably undergo periodical, if not serial editing changes. So thank you for your patience in advance for any unintentional errors or cascading updates. 

*** And finally back by popular demand! A fun game for the whole family to enjoy!***

Yes, the Grammar Game is alive and well once more. So in the course of reading this strange story, should you happen to come upon anything that you feel is an error? Please feel free to point that out, and receive an additional free bonus Gold Star for every suck* occurrence you can find.

So for those inclined to play, I have intentionally included at least one misspelled word and one correctly spelled word, misused in the above*. Find all the words and your prize is one free read and the possibility of a Gold Star of your very own! (*Excluding Princess Pony vs. BTS Broney Boy FanFiction crossovers ...because some things are just plain wrong!)

So thanks again for taking the time to read this far and Stay Crazy Cool,

Setting_Sun
(@Darrendean1)

Copyright © 2019 by Setting_Sun

All rights reserved. No part of this publication (The Snake Eater's Daughter) may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. All people named within this work are sorta fictional, and any relation to real people is purely malicious.

Oh yeah, and one last thing? If you are thinking that it would be cool try to steal my work ...DO NOT! Or some very very bad things will happen to you and yours. So while I do not personally practice the dark arts any longer, I still know plenty of people who do. Who would love nothing more than to hunt you down like a clown, and do some very crazy things to you and yours. Including but not limited to: Voodoo, piracy, character assassination, and last but not least outright Mayhem.

So in the immortal words of Zero Cool: "F*ck with the best ...die like the rest!"

💀💀💀