16.

Hey guys. There's a couple things I wanna address.

Firstly, My absence! -- Idk what took me so long to write this damn book. I guess I just write when i feel like writing ! n thats ok ! I have a life outside of writing I guess and although I do really love it, and I love good feedback, I don't always have the time in life to just sit down and be alone and write. YGM? 

Secondly, Amber Heard -- Yeahhhh, that didn't age well. and I've seen a few comments about me casting her as Kayla. Welp, just remember it was years ago, and I had no knowledge of the controversy surrounding Amber Heard, none of us did! Just know that we absolutely do not stan her or endorse her, and let's instead cast Shay Mitchell as Kayla. A far better choice if you ask me!

Lastly, let's talk about Harry. --- The Harry in this story is not the Harry we know and love. He's a stressy, troubled, angsty guy. This was written a long time ago. The Harry in this story is inspired by fiction, not our loving fruit we know today. Give this story some patience, and we will hopefully see him grow into a much more Harry suited Harry. Anyways, without further ado;

-----------------------------------------

Harry. 

''This is one of our best yet boys'' Liam smiles warmly, tipping a bottle of lager back into his mouth. Our song 'Perfect' is playing quietly from the speakers in Liam's garden. We are sat around his fire pit, it's late and the moon looks down onto the still water of his pool. 

The fire crackles and spits, empty bottles and cans are scattered around the tiled patio floor. 

''I agree, I bloody love this album'' Niall nods before taking a bite out of a hot dog. 

Louis and I are quiet. We are sat opposite eachother, both staring vacantly into the disappearing flames. 

Liam sighs and clocks onto Louis and I. I make eye contact with him, my face neutral as he awkwardly darts his eyes away, clawing at anything else to pay attention to. 

''I fucked up'' Louis blurts. The silence got even more silent. We all turn our heads to Louis, his blank stare still keeping the fire company. 

''How do you mean?'' Liam asks, his face concerned, his eyes worried. I sit cross legged on the floor of the patio, messing around with the chunky silver rings on my fingers. Niall is still scoffing that damned hot dog. 

''I- I met this girl in a club... '' Louis starts. His voice is shaky and his posture is nervous, this is not like Louis at all. This is really bad. 

Liam's arm travels to Louis' back, and he begins to gently rub his hand in circles to comfort broken Louis. 

''It was going really well, she was stunning, funny, smart... She- she treated me like a human, y'know?'' Louis explains.  Liam and Niall are staring intently at Louis. My mind is elsewhere. Louis' words are resonating with me a little too much for my liking. 

''It's like I wasn't Louis Tomlinson .. It's like I was just Louis. I have never been treated so.. normal.. not for a long time anyways. '' He explains. I can see glint in his eyes. He is fond of this memory. 

It reminds me of that night 4 months ago. That night with Olivia. I hadn't been spoken to so humanely, so calmly, by any girl or boy. Not for a long time. She was speaking to me, the real me, not the me that everyone reads in the papers and blogs. Not the fictional me. Not the person who I feel the pressure to be all the time. She spoke to my soul, and I fear no opportunity like that would come again. Not unless I make a habit out of wearing creepy disguises and finding lost girls at night. I shake my head, scolding myself for even considering that as an option.