2.

Harry.

On the road again. Again. The interview yesterday evening in San Francisco was terrible, an obnoxious man asking personal questions, as always. Although the concert was great.

Louis sits opposite from you, slouched against his bunk bed. He taps at his phone, his eyes empty as he stares at the screen before him. The rest of the boys are asleep, no doubt exhausted from yesterday's late night out. You, well. You are doing fine. Your hair is a bit forlorn but it's nothing a bit of gel can't fix. You need a new pen, note to self; you need to get a new pen. This one is squeaky and the ink is running low. Now you're just going on with yourself, stop writing you fool. You're going to-

"Harry, you and that bloody journal" Louis chimes in. I give the biro pen in my hand a quick click and tuck it into my blazer pocket. I close the journal on my unfinished passage.

"I'm sorry we can't all be socialites like you, Lou" I chuckle in response.

"I'm sorry too" Louis complains, looking around the tour bus at the rest of the band being fast asleep.

A short pause followed.

"How long now to Seattle?" Louis breaks the silence.

"Er..." I flick my wrist to view my watch. "We've been driving for fifteen minutes, Louis" I look at him sarcastically.

"Only fifteen minutes?!?" He exclaims, throwing his small hands up in the air for exaggeration. He sighs and slumps onto one of the small tour bus bunk beds, groaning.

I chuckle before opening my journal and pulling my pen out of my pocket.

And with a click, I continue my passage.

////

Olivia

"Get in, loser, we're going to a One Direction concert!" I giggle, twisting the key to lock my door and frantically running down to greet Kayla, who's parked on my drive in her grey Honda Civic.

"Nice mean girls reference" I smile, opening the heavy car door with a tug.

"I try" she helps me by pushing the door from over her seat.

"You're wearing the outfit I chose" she winks, placing her hand delicately onto the top of her steering wheel.

I look down at the grey oversized t shirt and knee high socks that I've been accustomed to wearing.

"You don't think it's too much?" I cringe, flicking my eyes over to the simple black t shirt and my ripped black jeans that she is wearing.

"You look hot girl, now get your ass in the car, we've got a three hour journey ahead of us" she snaps, touching up her lipgloss with a finger.

"It takes three hours to get from Portland to Seattle?!" I exclaim, crouching into the car and slamming the door.

"You better believe it" she starts the engine and we speed off of our little street in our little town in Portland, Oregon.

I double check that I have the tickets, my phone, some money, the backstage pass- THE BACKSTAGE PASS?!

"K-Kayla?" I stare at the small purple shining card I came across whilst fumbling in my purse.

"Y-yes?" She imitates my stutter, her shock blue eyes focused on the road.

"When did I buy a backstage pass?" I stare at her with my mouth wide open, my heart beating at least twice as fast.

"You didn't" she smiles and her eyes flicker between me and the road.

My stomach drops.

"You didn't..." I stammer.

"I did!" She squeals. Her excitement triggers mine and I let out an alarmingly loud scream that would make any passers by think that I was being kidnapped.

I clap my hands together and squint my eyes and I feel like I am about to cry.

"If I could tell you how I feel right now, I, I- fuck-" I laugh and look down at the backstage pass, biting my lip.

"I slipped it into your bag last night. I figured you'd want one" she shrugged nonchalantly.

I feel tears brimming in my eye and I know that for the rest of this drive, I will be regretting all of the times I ever doubted my best friend Kayla.

////

Again, terribly sorry guys for the really really really really really long delay! I've got my GCSE's and this was probably the worst time of the year to start writing a book but I figured 'why not' lmao. Let's get into a regular update routine !!!! Xo

~ Hannah xo