Wonho 2

Five Years Later...

"How many times do I have to tell you, Dave. Either you get the best ramen possible or we won't be showing up," I spoke on the phone.

I was mid-way through ordering my coffee, still on the phone, as I stood at the front of the line.

I told the barista, "I'll take a large cappuccino and a black coffee." I smiled at her before redirecting my attention back to the phone call, "So do you want Wonho on your show or not?"

I handed the cashier some money, waiting for a response.

"Of course I want him on the show!" Dave replied, his voice somewhat static-y.

"So you decide," I said, "You provide the ramen, and we'll be on the show. No ramen, no show."

I hung up, rolling my eyes.

'These directors are so stubborn.'

Five years later and Monsta X is still going strong. Most groups disband by now, but Monsta X has just evolved. All seven of the members have their own side-hustles going on as they move through the industry.

Wonho is no an exercise icon in the kpop industry, and he's built a lasting career based on that.

Wonho appears on variety shows all the time, and he even has his own mini-series where he gives diet and exercise tips.

As for me, I haven't changed at all.

I'm living off my FBI money. And I'm living a great life, might I add. But I've taken on a new job.

The job of being Wonho's girlfriend/bodyguard/manager.

Whenever he needs someone to make some-what aggressive calls, I'm the person that does it. And I help manage his TV schedule.

My phone vibrated as Wonho called me.

I smiled, answering it right away, "Hi. I'm getting the coffee now."

"I miss you." He replied.

I chuckled, "I've been gone for, like, twenty minutes."

"I know," he murmured, "I miss you even more when you're just getting coffee."

I laughed, picking up the two coffees, "Are you sure you don't just want me for the coffee?"

Wonho laughed, "Hurry home, okay?"

I smiled, hanging up the phone.

After five years, every members of Monsta X can now afford to live alone (or with their significant others). Wonho and I live together in an apartment, on the same floor as the other members'.

See, Monsta X moved out of that shared luxury apartment, but they still choose to stay right beside each other.

I pushed open the door of our shared apartment to find Wonho was sitting on the couch, waiting for me. He lounged with a protein shake in hand, watching himself on TV. I took a seat next to him, getting comfortable.

"Coffee's here!" I said, placing the two coffees on the table before us.

"You're the best." He said, kissing me on the cheek. 

We sat back and watched TV, laying into his chest.

As I brought the coffee up to my lips, I glanced at my hand. I couldn't help but notice the lack of a ring on my finger.

It didn't bother me too much that Wonho wasn't interested in getting married, but my mom had much different feelings.

Mom has been bothering me nonstop about getting married. The nagging started five years ago when I told her that Wonho and I were dating. Mom was never married; and as a result, she's always dreamed of me getting married.