Chapter 10: The End?

-Kara De Léon

-two days later (Saturday)-

Today was the day of my surgery. My parents are holding on tightly to me. I'm glad for that because I just might melt into a puddle from all my nerves.

Some of my memories have come back, yes. But there's still so much I need to know.

"Kara," a doctor walked into the room with a grim expression. "It's time."

My mom started bawling and my dad was trying to calm her down.

My parents let me go and I stood up slowly.

My mom sniffled. "I love you." She said, a little shaky.

"Go get 'Em tiger!" My dad said, I heard his voice crack a little.

I sadly smiled, said "I love you" to my parents, and walked away with the doctor.

My parents were watching through the glass partition.

They're not allowed in because this surgery is so delicate.

I laid down on the white bed.

I tried to relax, but it was so hard. I feel like when a small child goes to the dentist for the first time.

The three doctors were getting their supplies prepared.

One of the doctors hooked the laughing gas nozzle on my nose, so I'd fall asleep.

It was a numb feeling, but I could feel a needle prick my arm. That might numb the pain a bit more.

I slowly started to doze off, than I blacked out.

-1 hour later-

I slowly opened my eyes. I was seeing in Tunnel Vision. Like when you cup your hands around your eyes. Ok, you can stop now.

When my eyes refocused, I could see my parents and a doctor leaning over me.

"She's alive!" The doctor screamed out.

"Does she have her memory back?" Mom asked.

"Say something." The doctor said to me.

"Can I get some Starbucks?" I asked.

My mom reached out to hug me.

"You're back", she said through her tears. "I never should have wished for a different daughter! I missed you so much!"

"Family of Kara De Léon, we have to discuss some things." A doctor said.

My parents turned around.

"Here's the deal," the doctor began. "She will get the rest of her memories back in about two or three days. Now we'll have to keep her here again to make sure nothing went wrong, although it's a very small chance. She'll be here for the next three days. "

"Thanks, doc. But do you mind if we take her out for dinner or something? It'll only be for an hour or two." My dad said.

The doctor nodded.

"That's perfectly fine."

-----------------------------------------

-1 month later-

Right now we're in Olive Garden. How can we afford this? Simple. My parents are back on TV! Well, my mom is anyway. They let her get her own talk show!

We'll be moving back to California soon. And I hate to admit it, but I'm gonna miss my new friends. Even Mallory. When I saw her at school I apologized for the way I treated her, and we've been good friends ever since.

As for my love life, me and Trent hit it off. He admitted his feelings for me in a song! How cute!

I guess when you're nicer and start to actually appreciate the small things in life, things get better.

-Chantelle Johnson-

So my parents let me move back in with them after Mallory found me.

At first I was a little scared to be having a baby, but now I'm excited. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out it's a girl.

It turns out Sky wasn't pregnant. She was lying so she could get Jay's attention. Well, she can have him because I am so done with him.

Julia had to move away. Her grandma got really sick and her family moved to take care of her. I'm going to miss that Spanish Beauty.

Mallory found someone special last week. His name is Travis and he's so sweet. I'm really happy for them.

As for me and my love life, only time will tell. I just know that Jay is not the one for me.

Who knows, I may never find the one. And oddly enough, I'm ok with that. I'm done with love.

-Jay POV-

I still can't believe I let Chantelle walk out of my life like that. I know hitting her was wrong, but I can't explain it; I just felt like I was losing her. I have to get her back. Even if it means stepping up and raising that child. I'm gonna win her back. I have to try.

A/n- I should have warned you that this is the last chapter...

I barely have any readers anyway so it doesn't matter.

If you liked Chantelle's POV, I'm making a story about her life after high school. Who knows, I may do one for all the characters! So stay tuned!

-Chantelle's story will be called: Love and Loss

Peace out, Girl Scout!