Chapter 9: falling

Chapter 9: falling

-Chantelle Johnson-

So I decided I was going to go see if Jason (Jay) would let me stay at his house.

I started my car and drove for about ten minutes to his house.

I walked up the doorway and opened the door.

What I saw made me sick to my stomach. And not because I'm pregnant.

Sky and Jay were getting intimate on the couch.

They weren't having sex, but they were extremely close.

I stood in the doorway and just watched. Sky saw me and smirked. I glared at her.Jay had his back to me.

Sky smiled and said "Jay, do you love me?"

Silence.

I smirked in victory.

"Yeah." He said.

I had enough. I walked over and snatched Sky off of Jay by her hair.

Jay jumped up and pulled me off of her. Sky ran out the room.

"SO YOU PROTECTING HER NOW?!" I screamed.

"No Elle, you don't-"

"I don't understand that my supposed friend and my BOYFRIEND is cheating with each other! Forget you, Jay! I can raise this baby by myself!"

I turned around to walk out the door.

"CHANTELLE! You better not leave!" Jay said. He snatched me by my arm and pulled me to him.

"Jay, I can't do this. If you hit me again..." I trailed off as I started crying.

"Chantelle don't do this. That was an accident. I will never do that again." He wiped my tears.

"How do you expect me to believe you, Jay?"

"Just trust me."

"I can't, Jay. I'm hurt right now. All these times you've abused me and did me wrong, I still loved you. Then you go and tell me to give up my child because you can't be a man. And then you go around sleeping with my friend?! And expect me to 'trust you'?! I gave up everything for you. My home, my dignity, my virginity, my FUTURE. For you to do me like this! No I'm raising this baby myself!" I snatched my hand out his and turned to go.

"Chantelle, don't you dare leave! You can't do this by yourself!"

I laughed. I can handle myself.

"Bye Jay!" I called as I walked out the house.

I walked to my car, unlocked it, and hopped in the front seat.

I need to go to a hotel so I can rest. I've been through too much today.

-Kara De Léon-

I was a bitch in my past life. From that story Vanessa told, I sure was a horrible person.

I'm still in the library with her and her friends, thinking over what I just heard.

"Hey, Kara, there's a pool party at my house next Saturday. Are ya coming?" Vanessa asked.

"I can't," I sighed. "Surgery."

"That sucks. Maybe we can do something this weekend. It must be hard for you having your life revolve around studies and hospitals." Kayleigh said.

"You have no idea." I said as we stood up. The bell was going to ring in two minutes.

Maybe the rest of the day will be bearable with these people.

-Mallory Sinclair-

-2 weeks later-

I called Chantelle on her phone to check on her.

Her mom answered.

"Hi, Mrs. Johnson! Where's Chantelle? Is she ok?"

"She didn't tell you, baby?" Mrs. Johnson's tired voice replied.

"No. I haven't heard from her."

Mrs. J started crying.

"Do you need me to come over?"

"Mallory, you are so sweet. But no, I just need you to do one thing."

My heart aches for her. Chantelle must have run away.

"What is it Mrs. J?" I asked with concern.

"If you find Chantelle, PLEASE tell her to come home. We apologize for being so hard on her."

She broke down in tears.

"I promise. I'm gonna find her now. Everything will be fine." I used the most soothing voice I could muster.

"Thank you so much! Bye, baby!"

"Bye, Mrs. J!"

She hung up the phone.

I can't believe Chantelle would be so stupid!

I call up Jay. I don't like it, but I have to.

Jay picked up.

"What you calling me for, Mallory?!"

"Boy you'd better show some damn respect! I'm calling for Chantelle."

"I DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE IS!" Jay screamed.

"DAFUQ YOU MEAN, Jay?! I know for a fact she went to your house!"

"She was over but then she saw Sky all up on me and-"

I cut him off.

"Which Sky? It better not be Sky Parker!"

"Yeah, her. Anyway-"

"WTF JAY YOU CAN'T JUST SPEED PAST THAT LIKE IT'S NOTHING! THIS IS ALL YOUR DAMN FAULT SHE'S GONE!"

I hung up on him.

I called up Sky. She's really wrong for doing Chantelle like that. Chantelle is a nice person.

Sky answered.

"What's up, Mallory?" She said in a casual voice.

Is she serious?

"Are you serious, Sky?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" She asked in a fake voice.

Shaking my head.

"don't play with me, Sky. You know that you are a hoe for what you did to Elle" I said, getting frustrated with her.

"Whatever. It's not my fault she can't keep a man."

"Don't justify being a side hoe, Sky. What's wrong with you? You were never like this. And Jay doesn't even want you, if he's all worried about Chantelle. And Chantelle can keep a man, you just can't GET one. Jay only wanted you for sex."

"Shut up, Mallory! You always judging people when you don't have a man yourself!"

"I've gotten plenty of offers, trust me. I just don't want to put up with hoes like you trying to get with him. You setting yourself up for a beat down, Sky."

"You can't touch me because I'm pregnant."

Next update: Tuesday