Chapter 5: The Chapter With No Name

Chapter 5: The Chapter With No Name*

Zach POV

I feel bad for breaking up with Kara. Not only did we used to be best friends, but she was my girl since the eighth grade-that's almost five years!

Why did I do it? Well, Jane is popular now. Kara is a loser. My reputation is on the line. Plus, Kara was just too high maintenance. I always had to be perfect for her. She got extremely mad at me one time because the corsage I gave her for prom didn't match her eyes. Really?! You'd think someone that used to be my best friend would know me better, right?

"Baby, what's wrong?" Jane asked, cuddling into me while we were in Chemistry. "You're not still thinking about that skank are you?!" When she said that she had this disgusted look on her face, which for some reason; really infuriated me.

"STOP CALLING HER THAT! SHE'S NOT A SKANK. I JUST-" I didn't even finish my sentence before I grabbed my stuff and stormed out the room.

I angrily punched the wall in the hallway. What have I done? Kara was the best thing that happened to me.

Sadie ran down the hall towards me.

"ZACH! COME QUICK! IT'S KARA!"

"WHAT ABOUT HER?!" We ran down the hallway and out the door to my car. Sadie's is in the shop.

"She's in critical condition and it's all your fault!"

You don't mean...

Oh God...

"Is she gonna be ok?! We have to see her, Sadie!"

"No, I have to see her! She wants nothing to do with you. Her last words before she went under were: 'Sadie... No Zach.' Tough luck bro."

"I'm still gonna see her, alright! It's my fault! WE HAVE TO SEE HER!"

"CALM DOWN, ZACH! IT'S MY FAULT TOO, OKAY! Do you have any idea how hard it was not to tell my best friend that you were cheating on her with our sworn enemy?! And now because of YOU she might be dead. Who ARE you anymore?"

"Never mind that, Sadie! Call dad and ask if he can let us use the private jet."

"ME?! why can't you do it?!"

"Because dad likes you better."

"Whatever..."

After our sibling argument, I started the car and drove to our house in Beverly Hills.

"Hey, daddy. Yeah, we heard about the accident. That's why we called. We want to use one of the private jets. You'll call in the pilot for it? Thanks. Yes. Yes, I know. I'll tell the De Léon's you said hi. THANKS DADDY!"

Sadie may be an Ice Queen, but she sure knows how to turn on the charm. She can get away with anything just by batting her lashes or twirling her blonde locks around her finger. Me on the other hand, as the oldest, I have to be "responsible" and "set an example". So everything I do;the punishment is twice as bad to warn Sadie not to do the same.

The car ride home was a comforting silence. We were just both lost in thought.

I can't believe I caused her to crash! I mean, sure she shouldn't have been driving and texting, but if she dies-

--Sadie--

I'll never forgive myself.

I'm her best friend.

And I lied to her for so long.

Hehe, I'm thinking in chopped sentences.

I shake my head with a smile on my face. I am so weird sometimes. How am I popular?