Chapter 2 - The First Day

Unknown POV:

"We've got to do it this time! It's our first and final chance..! She has grown up now. So we've got to be careful too." The boss spoke.

We've got news of our target returning back after what seemed like years.

All of us were called in emergency meeting to assign to us whatever we were supposed to do.

"Hey, you! You'll be attending the same school as hers and you know, follow the plan!" He told me my role.

"That's all for today! All are dismissed." With that, the boss got up and left.

Finally, it's time for revenge. I thought to myself.

Amane's POV :

Finally I'm going to start my school back in hometown. I stepped into the school building with a smile.

After getting my schedule, I went to my class. "Excuse me? And who you might be?" I stood dumb. Everyone was staring at me and here I was dreaming of my perfect first day in a new school.

I gave a sigh and turned to face the man wearing specs and looking intently at me.

I was about to speak when- "Are you the new transfer student?" I gave a slight nod.

His eyes showed no interest "You're too late for your first day in school. You've already set bad imp-". "Alright alright, old geezer. I'm here right?". He stared at me.

"Jeez... I'm sorry. I'll make sure I don't repeat it, Sir!" I rolled my eyes at him.

He got so furious. I just entered the class and as I spotted an empty seat, I started walking towards it.

"Some more step and I'll reach my seat." I told myself as everyone kept staring at me.

When I set one more foot ahead, from nowhere I fell flat to my face. "Oww!!! That hurts". As I opened my eyes rubbing my nose slightly in the process, I saw everyone stuck for a moment and they all burst out laughing. Yeah yeah, I know I'm clumsy right!

Suddenly I got a strange feeling. Why is everyone staring at me again? Do I look weird? Is my dress torn?

As these thoughts were processing in my mind, one boy stood up and took a knife and started towards me. I gasped.

Everyone's eyes looked murderous. I started shivering and sweating too much. I couldn't move.

He came up to me and aimed the knife at me. I tried screaming but my voice didn't come out. I shut my eyes too tight and waited for the impact.

When I felt nothing, I jerked my eyes open and looked around. Where am I? What am I doing in my room? Then it hit me. It was just a dream. I gave a long sigh.

I was breathing heavily. Then I smiled knowing that my perfect first day wasn't ruined.

I looked to my bedside table and- "Damn!!! Where's everyone? Why nobody woke me up?" I shouted and rushed out of my bed. There goes my first day of school.

I freshened up and made myself presentable. Since already I'm late, why hurry now? So I went downstairs and found some breakfast on the dining table. Beside it, there was a note.

"All the best for your first day of school. I'm sorry sweetie, I forgot to wake you up. Hope you have a good day.
Make sure you tell me how it goes at night.
-Love, Mom"