Chapter24: My Turn

I rolled the duvet off me stretching my arms in the warm morning air

I rolled the duvet off me stretching my arms in the warm morning air. Hearing a satisfying popping sound I threw the fabric off and proceeded out of the room to the bathroom. The sun bounced off my skin warming me up even more. The stickiness on my body made me cringe disgust and remove the joggers. I left the top on, it was long enough to reach my thighs. As I reached the door of the kitchen I looked in to see David trying to conjure up a meal.

As he saw me his eyes widened and he stood there like he had seen a ghost. I rolled my eyes and continued on to the bathroom. He was such a coward. I slammed the door behind me hearing soft footsteps outside the thick slab of furnished wood. "Saryah. Open the door, we need to talk".

I shook my head with a smile on my face. I didn't need to do anything at all. I turned on the shower droning out his pleas. Brushing my teeth I stared into the mirror with the playback of last night flashing in my mind.

Finishing up brushing and stretching my arms out once more I felt a crinkly material sound in the pockets of Dom's t-shirt. I placed my hand in the pocket of the grey fabric and brought out a blank page.

Turning it over I came across fancy cursive letters sprawled across the page.

'Want something done, Do it yourself'

With a confused look plastered across my face I read the letter over and over again.

Was this for me or Dom?

And who was it from?

I threw the page in the garbage bin before removing the article of clothing and having my shower. Turning the pressure down I realised that David's knocks and cries have died down.

I proceeded to wash myself with my mind clouded with the problems around me right now. I finished rinsing myself off and concluded with visiting Pierre after I had a shower. 

I took the towel and patted myself down remembering how life was before him. Everything was fine. Perfect even. No mafia. No scary guys in suits. Not as many perverts. No drugs. No guns. No killing.

But, I wouldn't have met Helga, Dom or Claire.

And Ivan.

As much as I despise David I will only thank him for being the reason as to why I met those people. Other than that he meant nothing to me.

I swung open the door immediately flinching after seeing David standing there pacing back and forth. He continued to whisper or scold himself as his feet rounded an area of the polished floors. As he saw me his face lit up and instantly forgot what to say the speech he had been preparing.

I shook my head once again and turned on my heel. I opened the bedroom door while he called my name. An idea popped into my mind as I saw David's phone lying on one of the beside tables.