Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N- My friend is forcing me to update sooo this is why there is such little space between updates -_-

***

 "Just a coffee, thank you," I smiled at the bar tender. It was late now and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go back to the house because EVERYONE hated me at the moment. The worst part was, I caused all of it. Nothing that happened was anyone else's fault and Tony brought that into view.

"Here hun," the man handed me the coffee and I handed him a ten and told him to keep the change. He stuck the change in his pocket and leaned against the bar. We were the only people in the store considering it was ten.

"What are you doing here so late?" The man looked at me. I looked at the coffee and shrugged.

"I got in a fight with a bunch of people and I'm unwelcoming home right now." I sipped my coffee.

"You should just go back home. Even if they hate you, they will let you in because it's plain rude not too," the man grabbed a water bottle and sipped on it.

"I rather just get a motel or something. I think I'll go back tomorrow and see if anyone wants to forgive me," I shook my head and grinned a little. Everything in my life was wrong right now and this poor man thought that going back to the house would fix it.

"Don't rent a motel, I live upstairs. My dad gave me the restaurant on his will and I bought the apartment upstairs so I will never be late to work. You can have the guest room. Don't pay for something that is useless," the man looked serious.

"I don't even know your name and for pete's sake, you could be a secret murder," I laughed a little.

"Oh you caught me," the man put his hands in the air, "But my name is Robin."

"Like the teen titan," I grinned. I loved Teen Titans. It was my favorite animated show when I was younger and I couldn't get enough of it. Raven was my favorite character, but Robin was always the most attractive character.

"I guess so, normally people ask me if it's like the actor," Robin shrugged. I assumed he meant Robin Williams since everyone knew about him. It didn't pop into my head until he made the connection.

"I guess so," I copied his words. We both sat there for a second before laughing.

"So, you want to stay with me?" Robin put his hand out. I took it and shook it. It was only one night and I'm pretty sure I would be back in the house by tomorrow. Like Robin said, the boys couldn't kick me out forever.

"I guess so," I sighed. I knew that it was wrong to go back to anyone's house if you didn't know them, but he was right. I didn't want or have the money to pay for an apartment.

"I promise you that I won't try and rape you or anything. Anyways, what do you do for a living?" Robin started wiping the counters.

"I don't do anything, the boys are in a band and they kept me going," I felt heat rise to my cheeks. I must have sounded like an idiot. "But I want to manage tours when I'm older. It's a huge dream of mine."

"Wait, no way," Robin laughed, "My aunt could totally hook you up. You could tour with bands like Blink 182 and Linkin Park."

"I couldn't ask for all of that. We haven't known each other for two hours," I shook my head. Robin was being way to nice to me. I was just some girl who came in for coffee and now I had a place to stay for the night and a job offering.

"Look, I'm a nice person. I always have been and I want you to live out your dreams. If you really want this, I can hook you up." Robin put the closed sign up in front of his story.

"We will see. What about you? What's your dream?" I followed Robin out of the coffee shop as he left. He shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. I'm stuck here at a coffee shop because no one else can take care of it, but if I could do what I'd like to do, I'd want to start my own clothing company. It would be called Robin's Clothes or something cliché like that," Robin grinned at the thought of having his own clothing company.

"What if you did both? Oli Sykes can be in a rock band and still own Drop Dead." I pointed out. Robin laughed and shook his head.

"He is famous which means he already had a head start on his clothing line. Fans will buy whatever their idol puts out. I'd be lucky if my grandma bought anything," Robin grabbed my hand and led me upstairs.

"I promise you that if I ever get famous, I'll promote your clothing line," I followed Robin up the stairs. He thanked me before we got in the apartment. It was a big apartment for one person.

"This is the kitchen," he pointed to a room right near the entrance, "And that is the living room." He pointed at the room across from that. We headed upstairs and he showed me the room I would be staying in. After a few minutes of setting up my bed, I called for Robin.

"You okay?" Robin flashed a smile when he walked in the room.

"Can I use the home phone to call my house? I know I should wait for tomorrow, but I don't want them to worry about me. I know Vic will freak out all night if he doesn't know I'm safe." Robin nodded at my request. I grabbed the home phone and called the house. It rang three times before someone picked up.

"Hello?" I heard a very depressed sounding Vic on the other side of my phone. I felt my pulse speed up when I heard his voice. I looked at Robin for support. He motioned me to go on with his hands.

"Vic?" I gulped begging that he wouldn't hang up.

"Yes," I could hear the serious tone in his voice. I felt my eyes get watery. Vic was treating me like dirt, which I was, and it hurt a lot.

"I just wanted to tell you that-"

"They cut down the tree,"

"What tree?"

"Our tree. The tree Maybell. The tree." Silence fell upon us and I let the tears stream down my face. I couldn't hold them back now. Our tree was gone. Our tree. The tree where our friendship formed was gone. That tree represented our friendship. Our friendship was cut in half.

"Oh," I whimpered. Silence once again.

"I'll see you around Maybell," I heard Vic's voice crack. I didn't know how to answer so I let him hang up on me. They cut down our tree.

They cut down the tree.

A/N- i had no idea how to end this. Sorry this took so long :/ Two more chapters or so till the end