Chapter Thirteen

*** A/N- the picture over there (if it shows) is how Mike and Vic look in this story. Remember, this is fetus Mike and Vic

I woke up with a huge headache. To top it off, I didn't remember what happened last night. I didn't even remember getting drunk. I just remembered having a few shots of vodka. I hated vodka, so I wasn't sure what had gotten into me. I looked around to see that I was in the living room. I looked at the ground to see Advil and a water bottle. There was a note next to it. I grabbed the note and read it.

'Have a good day hun. We are going to record the album. First song will be done by tonight hopefully. Call me when you wake up.

XOXO- Vic'

I looked at the hanging clock on the wall. It was almost noon. I shook my head before drinking down the Advil. If I wasn't scared of pills, I would have gotten another one. I hated pills though. I only had them when it was needed.

 "Anyone home?!" I screamed. It echoed through the empty house. I thought maybe Ally had come over and slept with Jaime or something. I guess I was home alone. It was time to blast music and dance around. I loved doing this when I was home alone.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed the portable speaker. I connected my phone to it and blasted some Misfits which I had been getting into because of Vic. He always played Misfits before going to bed and their songs always got stuck in my head.

As Skulls came on, I got a text from Ally. I looked down at my phone which forced me to stop dancing. Thanks Ally. It was a group message to Vic, Jaime, Tony, and I. I didn't really understand why I was a part of it, but it was Ally.

'Just got a job at the yogurt show down the road. XOXO' she sent. Realization hit me. I wasn't helping these boys at all. These boys were paying for all the bills and I was sitting on the kitchen counter dancing to Misfits. I needed a job right now. I unplugged my phone from the speaker and grabbed my car keys. I went into my room and changed my clothes and did all the morning things. I was going job hunting.

***

"Where are you?" Vic asked me through the phone. My 'job hunting' had been a complete failure.

"At the mall," I told him which was not a lie. I was at the mall. He never asked what I was doing. Well, not yet.

"What are you doing there?" Vic asked as if on cue. I wasn't going to lie to him. Not again. Not to my best friend. No way.

"Job hunting," I mumbled into the phone. I knew Vic was going to scold me for looking for work as if it was a bad thing. Vic thought me working was the worst thing that could ever happen. When we both got a job at a pizza place in high school, he got me fired because he didn't want me to work. I didn't get him.

"Excuse me?" Vic raised his voice a little.

"Job hunting Vic, job hunting." I raised my voice too. Vic didn't scare me. He liked to imagine he did, but he didn't. I couldn't imagine Vic hurting a fly, more or less me. He would never purposely hurt me. He knew that I knew too.

"You know how I feel about that," Vic let his voice calm down.

"Mmhmm. Vic I need to go. Love you," I started to hang up on him. I didn't feel like fighting with him.

"Bye. Love you," Vic told me. I hung up on him and looked around the mall again. The only places that were hiring were Starbucks, McDonalds, and Hot Topic. I would love to work to work at Hot Topic, but the people there had piercings and dyed hair. I mean my red hair would work and I had 00g gauges, but I didn't fit in with them. I would never work at McDonalds because I actually like their food and I don't want to know what's in it.