Chapter 11: Afternoon Talks

It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Jump City was calm and everybody was going about their way. Raven eyes awakened to the mere sight of a naked Beastboy, sleeping heavily like a newborn baby. She was not all surprised, but slightly embarrassed. She couldn't believe that she had sex with the man she has been dreaming about. To her, it's so wierd yet exciting. She feels that there is a new adventure to her life, an adventure that she travels alongside somebody. That somebody would be the Changeling himself. She looks at him sleeping, rubbing his head as he slumber so heavily. For the time being, Raven would get herself together as she waits for him to wake up. She even came up with this idea of going on an outing with him. The place that she had in mind was the pizzeria that the team usually goes to. She picks out her outfit before she hits the shower. Her choice of clothing would be a dark purple Bruce Lee shirt, skin tight black denim jeans with rips on the thighs and high heel black stilettos pumps. Raven places her outfit on the bathroom sink and runs the water for the shower. She waits for the water to get hot before she steps in. During that time, all she could think about was the Changeling. The thoughts of her magic morning ran wild through her head, causing her to blush. These thoughts still carry on as she steps in the shower and dries off after the shower. 

She gets herself ready, ready to be more to Beastboy than a friend. It is then she is met with Beastboy waking up from his slumber to witness how Raven looks. He blushed from the mere beauty that she already is. He asks "Rae, where are you going? Especially looking that gorgeous." Usually she berates him for talking like that, but this time, she took like a pro, accepting the compliment. "It's not about I'm going, it's about where WE are going" she replied. "WE?" He questioned while looking dumbfounded. " Yes Gar, WE. I want take you out somewhere, if that's okay with you?" He said "Sure Rae. That's fine with me. I'll get ready babe." The sound of her being called babe had a ring to it in her mind. 

Beastboy showered and gotten dressed. He was wearing a plain lime green top with blue denim jeans and converse chuck taylor's that were black and white. Raven looks at him and liked what she saw. She could see the muscle outline through his clothes and blushed once more. They went to the area of choice by teleportation. Raven took them into a alley way where they could not be seen in the public eye. They walked out as she led him to the spot where they would soon eat and discuss their future.

Within 15 minutes, they arrive at the pizzeria. They are placed at the table where the team usually sits. As they wait for their pizza, Raven asks "How did you put up with me? All the insults, the berates, all of that. How did you do?" He was intrigued by this question and replied "Rae, do you remember the quote Bruce said?" Raven asks "Which one?" He replies "Water never grows stale. You just keep on flowing." She said "Yea Gar." Beastboy explains "Well every moment you would do things, I would flow like water. How I felt about you was water itself, no matter how you do towards me. If I ever allowed the water in my heart to stop, I would then resent you. Instead, I took it, allowing myself to get stressed out and sometimes faint from stressing myself out. The quote doesn't describe my whole being, but rather what my heart said." 

Raven is amazed to hear this answer. Rather, she was shocked. Nevertheless, she was happy with it. "Well Gar, we can start over. Since now we are here, I would like to make amends with you. I'm sorry for all that." He replies "You have already made amends with me by allowing yourself to feel and understand me as a person. You're good. Be the beautiful woman that you are, Babe. I'm good with that." She looks over at him and smiles uncontrollably. Her hand goes over his, signaling the beginning of a new chapter in life for the both of them. He looks over to her with a smile and asks "So. Do you think they heard us this morning?" Raven replied "If they did, we will know when we get to the tower." As she answered his question, the pizza was arriving to the table. The waiter placed the pizza on the table and asked if they needed anything else. They both said no. The waiter wished them a enjoyable meal. As he walked away, they both got their slices and dug in, enjoying each other's company and talking more about the future of their relationship.