What Is Going On?

Start from the beginning

"Enough. We're doing this. The hydrofarm is barely feeding us now, so if this is the last living valley on Earth, then it would be ours." Octavia finalized.

"Diyoza thinks the same thing." Bellamy tried to reason but she didn't acknowledge. He let out a sigh before looking to Nia. "You agree with this? Up on the Ring we said we wouldn't make any rash decisions, yet here you are."

Nia's head snapped up and she had a menacing look in her eye. One that Bellamy hadn't seen in years. What had happened to Nia? This was the Nia that he thought she had overcome.

"You think what I am doing is rash? It's not. My son's in that valley and within the enemies' grasp. We haven't heard a word from Monty and the others. I am doing whatever I have to get back to him, to make sure that I can protect him. As his father, you should be doing the same." Nia expressed rather angrily before storming out.

No one said anything for a moment but took in her words. Everyone had known about the child in the valley, everyone except Clarke.

The blonde stood there not knowing what to do but saw the struck look on Bellamy's face. His son was in the valley.

Once she was outside she rounded a corner until she wasn't visible. There she leant against her knees and took a couple deep breaths. She knew what she had done and how much it would hurt Bellamy but it's what was needed. She heard Indra's command and left her spot.

She took her spot beside Tate in the first battalion. With Fox's injury she and the girls would stay behind until they got back.

"So it went like it should." Tate noted at the look Bellamy had sent Nia when they walked passed.

"Yeah."

They had chosen to rest in the wasteland for the time being. Tent were set up and they gathered around to share their rations. Nia followed the lead of the others as she was still trying to acquaint herself with their new custom.

She listened to Indra and Octavia's conversation. As they spoke she couldn't help but realize that the Octavia she had once knew was gone. Now she was a tyrant that thrived on the control she had and how she addresses it. She was taken by the darkness and embraced it.

Bellamy watched the main group as they ate. He wondered about Nia's behaviour. Something was different, it was more than just worry of Atlas and he couldn't figure out the rest. Not to mention his sister was an entirely different person and he wondered if they ever might have a relationship again.

A scream came from the distance. Miller came running back with the other scout he had left with. He dropped Obika down and the scout screamed in pain. Everyone was curious at what was happening.

Nia was able to push her way through and crouch down beside him. She tried to search for any visible wounds but he was moving far to much for him to see. Suddenly, his body went still and Nia was worried for him. Her hand went to his pulse just as Clarke was allowed through.

Miller began his explanation when suddenly something moved inside his stomach. Nia and Clarke jumped back from him. Tate was quick to grab a hold of Nia and lift her to her feet.

They brought him into a tent and tried to come up with some explanation at how the thing for inside him. It wasn't till Bellamy found a blood spot on his leg that they had his entry point. That meant it came from the sand. They weren't safe being so exposed.

Clarke tried to convince Octavia to go back but she wouldn't give. Nia choose to stay in the tent with Clarke to help watch over Obika. They had decided on shifts and Nia had opted to sleep while waiting for her shift.