027. newt; imagine ⁵

[authors note  :  i'm sorry this is such a long chapter, it is mainly about my friend _hhoneyyy and her endless love for
minho (ki hong lee), but it still includes parts about newt (thomas brodie-sangster), enjoy :)

imagine you are exploring the maze with newt.

"so what way do you wanna go now?" you say to newt, softly
"i don't know, this way?" he says pointing to his right.
"haven't we been that way before?" you question, not knowing your way around the maze.
"i don't think so..." he says, looking behind him.
you turn around to see what caught his attention. it was the boys, thomas and minho, but they had someone behind them, someone who you didn't recognise.

"hey guys" thomas says, waving.
"hi tommy" newt says with a smile.
"this is beth, she came up in the box today" minho says, not stopping admiring her.
she had short blonde hair, tucked behind her ear. she was wearing a white mud-stained t-shirt, accompanied by slightly ripped black leggings.
you could tell minho liked her, he wouldn't stop looking.

you cough gaining minho's attention.
"how about you go and talk with thomas about what way we should go" his face saddens, you could tell he didn't want to leave.

"hiya beth, nice to meet you" you say, looking at her and smiling.
"hi..." she says, shyly.
newt walks over, and grabs hold of your hand, you look at him and smile.
"newt, meet beth, beth, meet newt"
"hello there beth" newt says with a friendly tone.
"hi, guys you know that minho guy" beth says dragging your attention.
"yeah?" you and newt say, in sync
"he's really cute..."
as those words left beth's mouth, minho and thomas walk over.

"hey guys i think we should be heading back, it's getting late the maze walls might shut and change soon." minho says trying his best to impress beth with a hero act.
"yeah minho's right" newt says
"let's go"

you are walking back to the glade with beth by your side. newt, thomas and minho leading the way, a few paces in front of you.
"so like i was saying-" you hear minho say, as you get cut of by the wind, signifying the gates to the maze were closing.

"guys run!" you hear thomas shout.
you grab hold of beth's hand and start sprinting. her grasp loosens as you feel her start to slack.
"beth you need to keep running!" you shout making minho turn around. he sees beth, with her hand on her knees, breathing heavily. he runs back and chucks her over his shoulder. he then shouts at you all to run faster.

you all sprint right through to the glade just as the gates fully closed.
"we did it" minho said, out of breath.
he lowers beth onto the floor and lays down.
"thank you, minho" beth says looking at him smiling widely.
"it's no problem, really" minho says happily.

you sit down with beth by the bonfire.
"hay eve" beth says leaving you in suspense.
"yeah?" you reply.
"minho is super cute, but he wouldn't like me"
she says,
"trust me beth, he would, he wouldn't stop looking at you, and when newt first introduced him to me he didn't look at me like that" you explain, boosting beth's confidence.
"really?" beth says in doubt,
"certainly" you says realising minho was watching the hole time.

The next morning you hear beth and minho talking.
"yeah, what would've happened if we didn't get out of the maze?" beth asked questionable,
"we would've had to stay there overnight, and the grievers would've come out, and hurt us" he said trying not to scare beth.
"that's why we never stay there to late" he continued.

"hay love birds" you and newt say, holding hands, walking over to beth and minho,
"hay love birds" they repeat
"are you guys dating or something because you two seem to always be talking" newt says questioning their relationship.
"um, should we tell them?" beth muttered to minho,
"i don't know, i mean newt has been my best friend for like the whole time that we've been in the maze so i think it's a good idea that we tell them and he will probably tell y/n anyway" minho whispers into beth's ear.
they look back at you and smile,
"yeah..." they say, minho's arm wrapping around beth's shoulder,
"i knew it!" newt shouted obnoxiously,
you all start to laugh as everyone around you looks and laughs with you. before you know it everybody in the glade is laughing, including gally, and it's hard to make him laugh.

"i have a suggestion" you say drawing newt, minho and beth's attention.
"how about we go on a double date, we could go into the forest and camp there overnight!" you say, excitably.
"yes that would be so fun!" newt said his eyes glistening in the sun.
"we'd love to" beth says looking at minho.

you jump up to your feet, grabbing newts hand as you do so,
"one hour, by the fireplace" you say running off with newt.

"this is going to be fun!"