17

Y/n POV

"Would you like to know something interesting, Y/n? The human body can only last elven minutes without oxygen."

It takes me a while to comprehend Dan's words. It was nearly impossible to hear him over the sound of my panicking heartbeat.

Ba dum!

Ba dum!

Ba dum!

Ba dum!

"Oh? Do I have your attention now, Sweetheart?" I hear his footsteps getting closer..but I don't know what direction they're coming from. It's way to fucking dark to see anything.

"Please Dan," My own voice startles me. It sounds so raspy and  unnoticeable... "I just want to go home. I promise I won't tell anyb-"

"TOO LATE FOR THAT, Y/N." His low voice booms throughout the empty room. I hear the footsteps coming closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Clo-

They stopped.

Behind me.

I hear him chuckle lightly in my ear and it sends a cold shiver down my neck. "Eleven Minutes.."  And his hands wrap around my throat. My eyes widen and I kick and scream at him. The chair I'm tied to falls backwards which gives Dan the ability to straddle my hips.

"Eight more mintes, Darling." He coos devilishly from above me.

My lungs start to burn and my screaming turns into desperate wheezing for air.

It feels like it's been going on for an enternity.

"Five."

I feel myself drifting in and out of consciousness.

Please..I don't want to die..

And then there's a thud.

And I can breathe..
I cough and inhale the cold air.

"Y/N?! Y/N! OH MY GOD, MAX SHE'S IN HERE-"

My eyes slowly close and I'm drowned by my thoughts.

I almost died...
Holy shit I almost fucking died!

I guess now isn't the time to moron about unfair mortality. I start to cough feeling my throat burn like acid from the toxics. I crawl out of the chamber weakly before falling into bony arms. I struggle to open my eyes before seeing Neil hold me.
"Are you alright?! Jesus Christ, Max a little help!"
He asked frantic looking me over for bruises and what not. I shake my head standing from his grasp my legs tremble feeling extremely weak. Then a familiar smell hits me, one of comfort...

"Max..." I whimper out as he catches me.

He holds me to his chest kissing my forehead softly. "I-It's Okay love I'm here now... I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!"

Max picks me up taking me to a tree putting me down softly.

Max's POV

I felt my blood boil as I stomped back to the sonna. He's going to pay I'm going to rip in to pieces. I push open the door to see and Dan standing there with a cunning smile looking at me.
"God you're like a roach. Always finding your way back" he hissed walking towards me. I don't budge I scoff at him grabbing my baseball bat. "You're a fucking Psychopath do you understand that?! Your brain is fucked up in so many ways even I can't under-fucking-stand."

Dan chuckles shaking his head "well you did the same thing didn't you Max. Choke the soul out of my dear Y/n and yet she fell in love with you... thought I'd give it a shot who knows maybe she'd kiss me to after"

I grip my hands together ready to swing before he's tackled down by David getting punched in the face multiple times. My jaw drops seeing how angry David was. I pull David off of Dan whose face was dripping with blood.

"Touch my daughter again and I'll-I'll pour red juice on your white shirt" he shouted passive aggressively looking at Dan who was chuckling with blood dripping down his nose and lip. David then pins him to the ground again. "The police will be here soon sit tight..."

I start to walk back to y/n who was sleeping peacefully on Neil's shoulder. "Thank you Neil.." I said softly picking her up taking her to the cabins.

3rd Persons Pov

Soon the police arrive, they take Dan and his father away arresting them. Y/n was recovering in David's cabin traumatized by the whole experience but her boyfriend Max was there to comfort her the whole time and she seemed to be recovering at a steady pace. David would check on them not bringing up the relationship between Max and his daughter though it made him nervous considering how careless Max can be but as long his daughter was safe he didn't mind at all.

A/N
Yes I know we take forever and I am sorry. And I know this chapter is super short and I'm sorry. Unfortunately the story is reaching its end but no fear we will have a fully completed book to release after this one I'm so excited for it. Thank you for all the comments and support it's so sweet thank you guys so much ♥️