1

"Rise and shine, Pumpkin! I have great news so get dress and come to the kitchen for breakfast." My Dad pulls the curtains open blinding my eyes.
"Ughhhh" I roll out of bed. My dad was a counselor for a camp. Camp Campbell I knew exactly what he was waking me up for he's been wanting me to go for the past couple of summers but I refuse. Every year I find a new excuse but this year, I was out of excuses.
I'm doomed. But I knew Mr.Campbell had my back...right?

After cleaning up I head down stairs. David's sitting at the table with a big smile plastered on his face. He made pancakes my favorite so I had to smile back. "So what's the news, Dad?" his smile got a little wider.
"Well you know how Mr Campbell said I couldn't bring my daughter to camp?"
"Yeah..?" I said, stuffing a pancake in my mouth.
"Well he said I could bring you this year as a father daughter year.!"

I hate that man...

"And all I have to do is pay 120 dollars extra!" My dad was so gullible. I can't believe he doesn't see right through Mr Campbell. When he found my mom she was just using him to make her ex jealous til she got pregnant she didn't even fight for custody for me. She just gave me up.
Which sounds bad but it's NOT I'd rather live with David than my mom. Dad described her as basically an alcoholic with out even knowing. "That's great Dad...but you know I hate meeting new people..." Going to camp means I'm going to have to talk to people at some point.
And it was true I greatly disliked meeting new people for two reasons; First of all, I rarely interact with kids my age so when the unfortunate days come when I have to talk to people, I have no idea what to talk about. It just makes me nervous . And secondly, I don't trust people other than my dad. Dads' excited expression tones down a bit with a sigh.
"I know.." Dad knew I'd rather stay by myself than go be with other people. "How's about this; If you go to camp with me, you can have my cabin for the first couple of days til your comfortable with the new kids."
Hmm..an offer I can't turn down "fine" a smile made it's way to his pale face "Horay! We're gonna have so much fun!!" There was a sparkle in his vibrant green eyes.
"Well you'll ride with me there. We'll be a day early to set up so be packed by Thursday and you get to meet Gwen! She'll love you".

We finish breakfast like usual talking and joking around. I clean off the dishes and go to my room falling on the bed. It was a boring Tuesday and Dad was going to be busy ordering camp items so I'll be stuck at home for a while.