I saw the pack house from a distant and any other thoughts that i was preoccupied with vanished into thin air and the excitement and happiness to finally see my parents settled and consumed my every part of the brain.

It didn't take long to reach the pack house, and soon Dante was opening the doors. He held it open until we walked in, i gave him a quiet thank you along with a grateful smile.

Xerxes didn't look happy. "You don't have to thank him for performing his duties."

"But i am still grateful." I spoke softly.

He looked like he wanted to say something else but was interrupted by a loud cry of someone, who happened to be my mother. "Meryl." She was on her feet and rushed towards me when i turned to face her.

"Mama." I met her halfway and soon i was embraced into her warmth. She wept silently into my neck and held onto me tightly.

She wasn't the only one weeping, i felt wet trails left behind by tears over my cheeks as i embraced her with similar affection.

"Oh Meryl, my baby... How much i missed you." She whispered into my ear, and i gripped her tighter that i already was.
It felt like a dream, like she would vanish right under my nose if i let loose and the thought itself was frightening.

Please don't be a dream. I wished and was repeating over and over again in my head.

"I missed you too, mama." I sobbed into her neck when i was ascertain she was indeed here, holding me, hugging me close and talking to me. "I missed you so much and even daddy..." It then struck me, he was supposed to be here too.

My mother let go of me and turned to look at someone. I followed her gaze and saw dad standing by the sofa, trying hard to hold back his tears.

"Daddy..." I whispered before a fresh set of sobs escaped from me and i rushed to where he stood.

I engulfed him and held onto him tightly. "I missed you, daddy. I missed you so much." My voice was muffled over his chest.

His hand soothed the back of my head and ran over my hair. "I missed you too, my princess."

I felt a kiss over the crown of my head, before a tear dropped over my forehead, he was crying. "I missed you so much."

*

"Daisy misses you too." I was with my parents, catching up and just talking about everything. I didn't realise how long we were talking about nor did i care, i was happy to finally be with them.

We were escorted into a huge room by one of the girls living in the pack house, which looked like a house inside a room, it had sofas, a coffee table and everything else except for a kitchen. It even had a balcony. Upon mum's request, the girl opened the doors leading to the balcony before leaving us alone to catch up.

I was too distracted to be with my parents that i didn't pay attention to where Xerxes headed as he didn't follow us neither did i remember to ask the young girl's name who looked younger than me.

We sat by the couch which was in line of the balcony and enjoyed the refreshing breeze of the evening, then our talk started.

"How is Karl? I miss him." He was my only friend back in my old pack and i wish to see him.

"He misses you too, even Oren." Mother informed me, a soft, contented smile of her face.

"The house feels empty without you." Dad said with a longing look on his face.

Before i could say anything else, a knock interrupted me before the door opened to reveal Xerxes.

When i saw his face, it struck me that we came here together yet somehow i completely forgot about it and left him behind.