Chicago - Chapter 10

I was exhausted on the train ride home. I rested my head on Niall’s shoulder and he brushed a piece of hair out of my face. He looked into my eyes and I looked up into his.

“Have you checked twitter?” He asked quietly knowing people on the train were listening to our conversation.

“No why?” I said pulling my phone out of my pocket.

“Look at my last tweet.” He smiled. I went onto his page and clicked the link with a caption for a picture saying ‘Isn’t she lovely?’. Once the page loaded I saw me. It was a picture of me. He took it right when we got on the train. I was blushing when I looked back at him.

“That’s me.” I smiled.

“Well, yeah that’s you.” He laughed and kissed my forehead.

“But why?” I asked confused.

“Because you’re mine and I want everyone to know.” I laughed at his words. It was right then that it hit me. We’ve never kissed. Is that something I should be afraid of? Do I push for it to happen? I’ve never been in a serious relationship since I was in freshman year of high school and even that wasn’t too serious. But this is a bit more serious. I’m older now, and Niall is, well, you know, famous. I knew I was over thinking it when Niall spoke up.

“What’s wrong gorgeous?” He asked me.

“Nothing.” I said calmly. I knew how to act. I took acting lessons when I was younger.

“You can tell me.” He edged on.

“No it’s nothing.” I smiled and laid my head back on his shoulder wishing I could be sleeping. I wanted to be with Niall too, but I was exhausted. I fell asleep on him on the train. I only really saw it because it was all over tumblr and twitter so it was not hard to miss.

I dreamt of dancing again. I dreamt of the stage at Colombia. I dreamt of being a famous ballerina. I saw all my costumes I had worn for the last competition. I felt Niall lightly shake me and I opened my eyes to see him again on the train coming back from New York.

“Come on. We are almost at our stop.” He said and I nodded with tired eyes. As the doors opened for us to leave the train and go back to his car where he would take me home I felt him take my hand in his. We stepped off the train and into the platform and walked back up to ground level with our fingers intertwined in each other’s. We got to the car and I sat in the passenger side and he went to the driver’s side.

“Do I have to take you home?” He asked me with a laugh before starting the car. I gave a small smile and nodded.

“I won’t be much fun at the hotel because I’m half asleep.” I joked.

“I don’t care. I don’t want this night to end.” I looked back over into his serious eyes. “This day was amazing. I can’t describe how I feel when I’m with you, but it’s the best feeling in the world, and when you’re not around, gosh, I hate it. I count the seconds till I can see you and stare at my phone waiting for texts from you. I don’t want to ever let you go and I want you to know you’re the best thing I’ve had in my life in a while. Please come to the hotel with me. I won’t try to pull anything on you. I just want to feel what it’s like to be surrounded by the person who makes you the happiest.” I felt a smile come upon my face as I felt his words sink into my brain and my heart.

“Okay. But just this one time. We’re not making a habit of this.” I saw his face light up as he started the car and drove to his hotel where he and the rest of his band members were staying at.

We pulled into the hotel valet parking area and we got out of his car. We were at The W Hotel in Hoboken, New Jersey. I had been to nice hotels before. As I’ve told you any times, I do ballet and my teacher only allows us to stay in the highest quality hotels when we compete. Niall took my hand and led me into the hotel lobby and straight to the elevator. Now, he was trying to avoid fans and paparazzi. No one knew he was in New York with me, which was why we weren’t as big of a deal. Although, now, Niall is being seen taking a girl up to his hotel room. This is probably going to be bad press. The elevator door closed behind us and he leaned up against the wall.

“Do you think they got pictures?” He asked me with a smile.

“Well yeah probably.” I sighed.

“It’s fine. People will wonder but I’m not giving them an answer quite yet.” He smiled and pulled me into his arms. “I’m rooming with Liam.” He said and I looked up into his eyes. “So you’ll sleep in my bed.” He laughed and I smiled back at him.

“Should we be quiet?” I asked him.

“Nah. He’s probably not asleep and if he is we can wake him up to annoy him.” He laughed and the elevator door opened as I felt his hand grip onto mine. We stepped into the hallway which was flooded with security. He took my hand and walked toward his hotel room door and opened it before turning around to me and putting one finger up to his lips signaling to stay quiet. I nodded understanding exactly what he meant and following him into the room. He took my hand and led me through the dark room to his bed where I laid down next to him and fell asleep in his arms.