[31] The Gathering

Start from the beginning

This old man didn't close the door behind him but with a smile he walked towards us and I instantly became nervous. This was going to be the first human to see me outside of my Masters' home. And he was a holy man, a priest no less! I was nervous for his reaction to seeing me. I can't imagine that it would be much different from any other person but there was always a chance.

Keegan was first to speak, "Father Elgin! How good it is to see you again, old friend!"

Walking forwards and meeting the old man half way, Keegan reached forward and grasped the man by the hand with a firm shake and a warm smile.

"Lord Keegan Hunter! It has been years since you were a student roaming around these halls, searching guidance and acceptance from our Lord God the Creator," the old man, Father Elgin, said in his raspy tone.

Arianna and Eric followed up behind him now and they each, in turn, greeted the old man and it was clear that they were already acquainted. Trinity took a few steps forward and I reluctantly followed suit, keeping two steps behind her and away from the priest.

"The others will be here shortly," Father Elgin was saying, "Classes at the Seraph Institute will be ending soon and our friends shall join us then."

Lord Eric spoke up now, "We are grateful that you were able to meet with us so soon. We have much to discuss and prepare for in this most dreadful time..."

Father Elgin clasped his hands together in front of himself as he nodded, "Yes. I was quite surprised to learn of this news. But it must be dealt with. I have been constantly informed about the Demons' prophecy. Upon hearing this news, I feared that the Lycans may have a part in it as well."

Keegan nodded, "That may very well be true... Although we cannot know for certain, we only have an unsure source."

"They are the Devils work," Arianna spoke, "Whether they are a part of the actual prophecy or not, they are still the evil enemy. They must be destroyed!"

But the old priest wasn't paying any attention to her anymore as his eyes finally set on me.

I tried to hide further behind Trinity with my head bowed. But my height could not be hidden behind her shorter form, and my dark appearance stood out against the light grey stonewalls and the bright light in the church.

He took slow, cautious steps toward me. His large nose held high in the air with a snooty look.

"And who may this be, Keegan?" he asked.

By now he was standing my Trinity, who had her head down, and hands wrapped around her waist. The priest smiled at her, which she returned before looking back at me and waiting for a reply.

Keegan cleared his throat and stood to the other side of the man. Arianna came to stand beside her betrothed while Eric stood close to Trinity's side. My breathing became hard and labored and I nervously stood alone before the 5 others.

"This is Victoria. Daughter to the Angel of Death, Azrael. She has been in my care for a few months under a year now. She has been a new addition to my angel maids," Keegan explained.

Father Elgin gave a small snort, "From what I remembered of you from when you attended this school, Keegan, you did not much care for the idea of keeping angels as slaves... And yet, here you are now with two very opposite angels that I never would have expected you to have in your care..."

"Yes well... Clearly things can change over time..."

My chest was rising and falling rapidly now and I was afraid that I was going to become so light-headed that I would faint right here in the middle of the church. No. I had to stay strong, especially in front of these people. I can never show weakness.