[40] Inquiries

*Victoria’s P.O.V.*

A few days have passed since the Lycan attacked Trinity.

The first couple of days it seemed to be touch and go with her health. The fever got so bad that her skin was hot to the touch. She thrashed about, screaming in her sleep. After a while there was always a nurse at her side.

Everyone loved that little Angel girl. They didn’t want to see her go like this…

She was going in and out of consciousness everyday. But she wasn’t coherent or aware of her surroundings. They tried to keep her sleeping as much as they could by giving her more milk of the poppy.

Eric is constantly at her side. I visit her everyday as well, right in the morning and right before bed.

This entire situation with Trinity makes me worry. If a single bite can do that to her then she will never survive the prophecy. Hell will rip her apart without giving her a chance. The Fallen don’t care for the Pure. They haven’t gotten a chance to understand them like I have with Trinity. I want Trinity to survive. But at this rate, she won’t last a day.

Everyone was nervous.

Everyone was scared.

It was October first.

Most believed that they now only had a month to live before the prophecy came to pass. Before Hell would make its way through the gate to bring an apocalypse to the world.

And I guess for some that might just very well be the case.

Keegan asked to meet me in his study this afternoon. He has been very stressed out lately as well. For many reasons I suppose. The Lycans. Trinity’s health. His relationship with Arianna. The prophecy. His life.

The battle with the Lycans might have been the most disconcerting stress of all.

Keegan told me about what happened. All of the soldiers were out and prepared to fight when what looked like a wall of angry wild dog came running straight for them. He was in the first ranks, he and the Angel Hunters got the worst of it.

But what shocked him and everyone else was the Lycans pure strength. They attacked with a brutal force and fought hard enough that it was a struggle and only long enough to kill as many Humans as possible with the fewest amount of casualties of their own.

They retreated shortly after and came back quietly, that night. No one saw them coming, not even the sentry men, until it was too late and they were upon the soldiers like a plague.

This went on for 3 nights before they didn’t return and scouts reported that the main Lycan force retreated back to the mountains. There numbers had been reduced to half. But then again some groups of Lycans were spotted going to neighboring villages’ and towns. They were all hunted down and killed effectively but it had been too late for the people…

The Lycans were smart about their attack.

Almost too smart.

As if someone had helped them plan it….

Knocking on Keegan’s study room door, I was just able to hear his soft deep voice beckoning me inside.

Quickly slipping inside and closing the door behind me I looked around to see that Keegan was standing by his window overlooking the field and gardens behind the palace.

Turning around to face me, he gave me a small reassuring smile. I was barely able to return it. He looked a lot better today though. The effects of all of his stress were less visible. He showered today and he looks refreshed in his new clean breaches and blouse.