VII: Council of Cloven Elders

Heshiena's Point of View

Muli na naman akong napatingin sa malawak na karagatan sa 'king harapan. The sound of seagulls dominated my ears. The soft wind blows my hair, and brushed against my skin.

Waves that are crashing against the shore. The water glistened so as the sand when sunrays shone them. I inhaled and immediately exhaled.

So relaxing . . .

"The Garden of the Hesperides is Hera's garden in the west." Muli kong ibinalik ang aking buong atensyon sa pagbabasa. "Where there is a single tree on which golden apples grow. It is guarded by Ladon, a serpent-like dragon that twined and twisted around the tree in the Garden of Hesperides." Napangiwi ako.

From Cyclops, giants who are one-eyed. Hekatonkhires, giants who each had one hundred hands and fifty heads. Lernaean Hydra, a serpentine water monster who had nine heads. To every creature that is terrifying. And now, Ladon, a hundred-headed dragon.

"Ladon was a monstrous son of Typhon and Echidna, and was later hired by Hera to guard the golden apples." Tumatango-tango ako nang mabasa iyon. "The apples were planted from the fruit branches that Gaea gave to her as a wedding gift when Hera accepted Zeus."

"The Hesperides were given the task of tending to the grove, but occasionally plucked from it themselves. The Hesperides are the nymphs of sunset and evening, born from the Titan Atlas and Hesperis, daughter of Hesperus." I hummed. "Not trusting them, Hera also placed in the garden a never-sleeping, hundred-headed serpent-like dragon as an additional safeguard."

Marahas na pagbuntonghininga ang aking pinakawalan.

"The golden apples were called the "Apples of Immortality", and it said that whoever ate them would become immortal."

After I read all of the contents about the Garden of Hesperides, isinara ko na ang libro. I inhaled comfortably as I hugged the book. Nagpakawala ako ng isang mababang pagbuntonghininga. It was then followed with a smile.

"Hoy." Napalingon ako sa aking likuran nang marinig ko ang boses ni Chry. "Everyone is looking for you. Lunch is ready," malamig niyang saad.

Nginitian ko siya. But her emotionless expression upon her face remained. Ibinulsa niya ang kaniyang dalawang kamay at naglakad palayo sa akin. I was quick to get up from sitting and snapped my fingers twice. The ice chair melted after I did that.

Mabilisang napakunot ang aking noo nang mapansing lumiko si Chry. Akala ko ba kakain na kami ng tanghalian? I immediately shrugged. Baka may pupuntahan muna 'yong isang 'yon bago kumain.

I am humming on my way back to the dormitory. Nginingitian ko lang ang mga estudyanteng bumabati sa akin at mga nagbibigay ng kanilang respeto. Pagdating ko sa kusina, naabutan ko na ang lahat na nakaupo na sa kaniya-kaniyang upuan.

Maliban kay Chry na hindi ko alam kung saan pupunta.

When they felt my presence, the ambiance went silent for a moment. They bowed their heads simultaneously as a sign of respect. Sinabihan ko pa naman sila na they should refrain of doing that. Pero hindi sila nakinig.

Sabi pa nila, it's very inappropriate to just not show respect towards me. I am a goddess after all.

They're my family. I won't use my title against them. But, no matter how many times I told them not to, they just won't listen. Kaya hinayaan ko na lamang ang mga ito. Ayoko rin namang ipilit dahil lang sa ayaw ko.

Nakita ko pang nginitian ako ni Fuego nang inilapag niya ang isang mangkok na may lamang nilagang baboy. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Mavros pulled my chair for me. The boys cleared their throat as if teasing us both.